joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You nailed it Dacula!  I tried to throw out some points contradicting what he was saying earlier in the week and it was like talking to a brick wall. Oh well, I look forward to more model runs and more good discussions/debates for this upcoming pattern change.

I agree Dacula and Greensboro. Heck.............even as an amateur I threw out plenty of contradictory evidence to him and all he wanted to do was harp on was the SE ridge and how past performance evidently was going to guarantee future results. If I could rely solely on that, my investment portfolio would be rocking right about now!

Even if he's a talented met, his attitude got old pretty quick. JMO

I liked the sleet storm this winter here. Even had some snow mix down.

And how often do we see a hurricane bring snow in the mountains here? Even managed some wind snow here back in October that briefly stuck to the windshield.

I know not everybody is as lucky but still. I have moved this winter out of the "F" category. 

I liked the sleet storm this winter here. Even had some snow mix down.

And how often do we see a hurricane bring snow in the mountains here? Even managed some wind snow here back in October that briefly stuck to the windshield.

I know not everybody is as lucky but still. I have moved this winter out of the "F" category.

Still a solid F here so far. Rock solid. Maybe even an F-.

Had a patty melt with hash browns, scattered, smothered, and covered today.  Excellent.  Of course, then I smelled like waffle house the rest of the day, but it's a small price to pay for that all greasy goodness.

funny thing is... I ordered the exact same plate when getting lunch with Delta and Bevo

of course I would order the same plate as my namesake huh?  :violin:

funny thing is... I ordered the exact same plate when getting lunch with Delta and Bevo

of course I would order the same plate as my namesake huh?  :violin:

There's a kindricity between you two (new word bonus score) - if CR weren't older than you I'd play the twin card in a heart beat.

Back in October when the NC High Country had up to 2 feet of  backside snow from East Coast Hurricane Sandy, I had a strong suspicion that the snowfall would end up being the largest single event for the winter for the NC Mountains.

A 2 foot single event is hard to top, so it will likely stand this winter.

Either way, we will enjoy what snow comes our way in about a week, be it upslope or a genuine storm.

man...thanks to the mods for cleaning up what needed to be cleaned up. That was getting our of hand.

Anyway...not too excited about the "event" next Thur/Fri...as the system will probably get sheared before it can help us out (Carolinas) but I suppose that could change. But still excited about the overall pattern changing around that time.

So, it's going to warm up this weekend, and then get cooler again by next weekend. Any shot of winter weather after that? Or is it still too far out to get a good grasp of what could happen?

Too far. 

Significant rain event to follow after this warm weekend to bring us back down to more seasonable temps.

of course I would order the same plate as my namesake huh? :violin:

Lol! Well done. That is the gold standard for patty melts in my book. I rarely get anything else there. Now the wife, she gets all kinds of waffles and eggs and what not, but patty melts and HBs all the way for me. I was watching Tin Cup the other day and it compelled me to go. :)

If I ever get down to y'alls neck of the woods, maybe we can all go to the WH and knock it out and celebrate the demise of the SE ridge!

Pattern change coming and it looks legit.  Will be interesting to see what effect the sudden stratospheric warming (ongoing) will have on our weather.  Welcome aboard.  You should update your location and other information so we will know where you are from.

Did that...thanks!

Well, just have to keep pulling for the Euro to keep it up and to be right, and for the other models to fall in step. Of course, that still isn't a guarantee.

And what did BrierCreek get banned for? I went back and read everything and didn't see anything really for him to get banned. Just seemed like a good debate to me.

Lol! Well done. That is the gold standard for patty melts in my book. I rarely get anything else there. Now the wife, she gets all kinds of waffles and eggs and what not, but patty melts and HBs all the way for me. I was watching Tin Cup the other day and it compelled me to go. :)

If I ever get down to y'alls neck of the woods, maybe we can all go to the WH and knock it out and celebrate the demise of the SE ridge!

Book it.  You need to experience this part of "Wedgeland" anyway - it's been pretty nice this year.

Archived