Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes more sense given his shtick of blue collar comedy - so you can imagine my surprise to happen upon him and whom I presume was his wife strolling along the area of the park adjacent to 5th Ave. 

xlcdmq.jpg

I swear I've seen a lot of things in my life....but that - was - awesome.

That makes more sense given his shtick of blue collar comedy - so you can imagine my surprise to happen upon him and whom I presume was his wife strolling along the area of the park adjacent to 5th Ave.

I swear I've seen a lot of things in my life....but that - was - awesome.

It's one of my all time favorite pics on the inner webs. :)

If my plans to start the Moles on steroids, and testosterone speed stick, work as plannned, and if the mini Maunder kicks in good, and Ison doesn't go poof as it nears the sun, this time next year I'll be sledding on feets of sleets under the light of two moons :thumbsup:  Happy times on Devil's Dive!!!   T

Solar Variability and Terrestrial Climate

http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2013/08jan_sunclimate/

Coming in 2013: The Comet of the Century?

http://science.time.com/2012/12/20/coming-in-2013-the-comet-of-the-century/

I'm relocating to Concord, NC just NE of Charlotte in a few weeks. My wife hates SNE winters, i can do without the suppressive arctic cold but the 2 foot blizzards....I will surely miss. Ive been researching the biggest snowstorms for SW NC with the most recent one being in 2000. Its nice to know that 6"+ events occur a couple times a decade. and considering the city of CLT does not have snowplows, a 10"+ storm which seems to occur a few times every 25yrs (correct?) is relatively similar to a 24"+ storm in SNE. when the SNE crowd complains about super cold and dry, the southeast folks rejoice. I will have to get used to that.

a severe -AO is a major component and obv a suppressive 50/50L. can SW NC get big events from a +PNA though? seems like shortwaves that dive down from Canada into the deep south tend to then gain latitude a bit too far to the W, usually just E of the mountains. seems like the best storms tend to happen in el nino winters with extremely negative AO and NAO.....but with a -PNA. is that generally the best pattern?

sorry for the off topic banter i guess but i didnt want to start a selfish new thread....and oh yea, hello southeast people!

I'm relocating to Concord, NC just NE of Charlotte in a few weeks. My wife hates SNE winters, i can do without the suppressive arctic cold but the 2 foot blizzards....I will surely miss. Ive been researching the biggest snowstorms for SW NC with the most recent one being in 2000. Its nice to know that 6"+ events occur a couple times a decade. and considering the city of CLT does not have snowplows, a 10"+ storm which seems to occur a few times every 25yrs (correct?) is relatively similar to a 24"+ storm in SNE. when the SNE crowd complains about super cold and dry, the southeast folks rejoice. I will have to get used to that.

a severe -AO is a major component and obv a suppressive 50/50L. can SW NC get big events from a +PNA though? seems like shortwaves that dive down from Canada into the deep south tend to then gain latitude a bit too far to the W, usually just E of the mountains. seems like the best storms tend to happen in el nino winters with extremely negative AO and NAO.....but with a -PNA. is that generally the best pattern?

sorry for the off topic banter i guess but i didnt want to start a selfish new thread....and oh yea, hello southeast people!

Welcome to the SE!!! Better bring the snow and cold with you! ;)  It gets real boring down here in the winter...

Just a heads up.  If there happens to be snow flurries in the forecast on moving day be sure and bring your own bread and milk.

Archived