• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

I don't go there anymore. All they talk about is the NE and mid-Atlantic.

I  just think getting excited over cold weather is pointless unless there is snow coming with it.

Well..........It's not gonna snow when it's 50 outside, so you need the cold or your just gonna get rain. We know, we know, you hate rain too.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well..........It's not gonna snow when it's 50 outside, so you need the cold or your just gonna get rain. We know, we know, you hate rain too.

I know we need the cold air for snow. But I am saying if it's not going to snow, I'd rather it just stay in the 50s and be sunny. The only good thing about the cold air is if it brings snow with it.

I don't go there anymore. All they talk about is the NE and mid-Atlantic.

I  just think getting excited over cold weather is pointless unless there is snow coming with it.

1. Extreme cold is dry cold and is a known GFS bias. 

2. Wait until the weekend heat wave and sig. rain event passes to consider snow threat in 200 hour(s) range. 

3. Do not get excited, you have to wait until next Wednesday for the above mentioned things to occur. 

4. I am a realist. 

1. Extreme cold is dry cold and is a known GFS bias. 

2. Wait until the weekend heat wave and sig. rain event passes to consider snow threat in 200 hour(s) range. 

3. Do not get excited, you have to wait until next Wednesday for the above mentioned things to occur. 

4. I am a realist. 

That is why I am worried about this extreme cold. Usually it is dry and we don't get any wintry weather from it. Most of the time our snow comes when it's just below freezing or in the 20s.

Well now that I am all caught up on the banter I will put my 2 cents worth in the pot. Brier seemed like a really intelligent met to me. Sometimes really smart people are a little off in personal skills & this may have been the case? A weather forum is no place for someone who acts like the 1st grader in a sandbox, who has a temper tantrum & threatens to take all the toys home with them if you don't play by their rules. Now please quit the damn Waffle House talk as you guys are making me hungry & lunch is hours away! If you don't I will be forced to report you & ask to be perma banned myself. :yikes:

gall dang it Don... you have been reported :jerry:

I know we need the cold air for snow. But I am saying if it's not going to snow, I'd rather it just stay in the 50s and be sunny. The only good thing about the cold air is if it brings snow with it.

Yes, we know this better than your wife. You have only posted that sentence about 1235 times.

That is why I am worried about this extreme cold. Usually it is dry and we don't get any wintry weather from it. Most of the time our snow comes when it's just below freezing or in the 20s.

1. I would be more worried if it showed 70s then extreme cold for winter weather. 

2. Winter weather could occur right before or right after the extreme cold to provide winter weather. 

3. The extreme cold is likely to moderate at least some with the cold GFS bias.

the Carolinas getting the -10 to -20C (850mbs) cold shown on the 12z Goof stands at a 2% chance of happening... everyone knows extreme cold is not coming

yet, the good news is, we dont need extreme cold for winter weather around here

we need to focus more on southern stream energy and less on the cold... again, a powerhouse ULL capable of manufacturing snow with a dynamic cooling effect is exactly what the doctor ordered, but who knows if we will be so lucky to get one of those during the next two months

Brier is a thing of the past. It is time to move on now everyone.

PoliceLights.gif

hold on, is this the banter thread?  ah yes, it sure is... good thing

this is the first post I have made today regarding the weird events of the numerous personalities and screen names I was arguing/debating with yesterday afternoon

I will say that I have been scouring the forum looking for a policeman and finally I have found my guy... in hopes that you will be satisfied, I salute your strong-armed approach :thumbsup:

And everytime there is a mention of extreme cold, I will keep saying it.

Ladies and gentlemen, your WOTY!!  That is the recipe to create your dynasty in American Wx lore:

The setting:  several decades into the future

New posters will beg to be told of the great times when we could count on Brick Tamland to utter, "Cold air without snow is a waste!" at least once per day during the months of November - March.  Of course, being the youngest (that I know of) amongst us, only Wilkesborodude will be left to regale others with these legendary tales.  He will have assumed his position as board sage (along the lines of jburns and dsaur) and dispense his vast wisdom garnered from life experiences to pass on to the neophytes.

What shall we call this dynasty?

It's Bricktastic!

A Bricktasy!

Tamlandalicious!

hmm.........

Yea I'm checking it out..doesn't look to hot as of now. 

Thanks man, I am actually not giving the first system much consideration.  It looked to me like it was not much more than a nuisance event anyway.  I am more interested in the period just beyond day 7 and 8.  It will be very interesting to watch all that evolve in the coming days.

Archived