Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys are weird.

Things are weird around here because the SE Forum has a case of Hawaii Syndrome. Boring weather creates the space for our minds to wander into dark corners. For instance, last Christmas I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt and New Years 2012 a sleeveless number. I can't remember the last time we all made a scramble for the tornado area in our home, thunder and lighting- I only get to hear on movies.

Things are weird around here because the SE Forum has a case of Hawaii Syndrome. Boring weather creates the space for our minds to wander into dark corners. For instance, last Christmas I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt and New Years 2012 a sleeveless number. I can't remember the last time we all made a scramble for the tornado area in our home, thunder and lighting- I only get to hear on movies.

I've yet to wear a "winter" shirt this year.  Golf shirts all the way.  Some days a light jacket when I go out. Days like yesterday, today and the rest of this week no jacket at all.  Pretty much the same as last year.  I'm glad I'm not making my living selling winter gear. 

I've yet to wear a "winter" shirt this year.  Golf shirts all the way.  Some days a light jacket when I go out. Days like yesterday, today and the rest of this week no jacket at all.  Pretty much the same as last year.  I'm glad I'm not making my living selling winter gear. 

Amazingly enough - I've been much cooler than last year, even rocking the winter wear (with the obvious exception of the last few days).

Teenagers think all adults are weird. 

Was straightcashmoney really banned?

No - it is a separate conversation on a really separate issue...

Let the powers that be sort this one out and let's get back to the crazy irony that is you and me being in the other's shoes in regards to our winter outlooks.  Who saw that coming?!

So Briar was overly optimistic (falsely) earlier this season and now he's overly pessimistic (falsely again, proven by science).  Poor guy just can't catch a break.  He seems to dig his heels in at the wrong times.  Perhaps, maybe, folks should make an effort to remove emotion from their weather discussion (or predictions rather).  I'd wager things would go much smoother.  Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

So Briar was overly optimistic (falsely) earlier this season and now he's overly pessimistic (falsely again, proven by science).  Poor guy just can't catch a break.  He seems to dig his heels in at the wrong times.  Perhaps, maybe, folks should make an effort to remove emotion from their weather discussion (or predictions rather).  I'd wager things would go much smoother.  Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Yeah - there was a little more going on than that in my opinion.

At any rate let's put the bollocks aside and get on with winter...

All that needs to happen is for everyone to stop arguing the future as if it were set in stone no matter what their opinion. In all the years I've been on this board, I can't remember a single winter storm where we were sure what was going to happen 10 hours before it began, much less 10 days.  I don't care what your degree is in or how much experience you have, 10 days out it's an opinion.

His original screen name was bnmdjm. I actually felt bad cause I kind of trolled him pretty hard. I figured they were the same person but just wanted it to be water under the bridge so I never called him out.

Unfortunately, I don't think he had just one alias - but I can't prove it in court so if I get pressed I will deny the whole d*** thing!

Archived