• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

Prime time coldest week of January set to go in flames. That will slash into winter snowfall totals for sure if we even had any. But we know it only takes one storm so who knows.

You can't slash into 0" (the current total here).

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd say there is more reason to be excited about the 3rd week of January and beyond than anything we've seen the past 2 years.  Factors are lining up.  We've got the National Weather Service, Accuweather, Robert, and Don Sutherland all on board with this potential.  It could fizzle of course, but I like how this is looking.

Selfishly, I just want Snowshoe to be in good shape King's day weekend when the wife and I head up there.  After that, let the cards fall where they may.  :)

I got bored yesterday and posted on the main board and they deleted my post. Bastards!

With the title of WOTY, you must also accept all the responsibility.  It seems you lived up to the title and performed admirably on the main board!  :whistle:

The main board is a vast, wild space.  All who post there do so at their own risk...

FWIW my local ATL met hinted at a "drastic pattern change" around the 17th after the warm up. I'm excited to see what may materialize after this bought of warm weather. IMBY it's more likely to be a spit of snow or sleet (that my family will make fun of me being excited over) or a crippling ice event that will wreak havoc about the metro area.

With absolutely NO data to back this up, I predict 2 separate events between Jan 23-Feb 16th. One crippling ice crap storm that will cause me to indulge heavily in adult beverages so as to tolerate the family being trapped with no power and TV and one Spit and Sputter event of snow and sleet that will not stick to the ground here, but slightly north and west of me they get hammered.

Disclaimer: Don't hold my toes to the chainsaw on this one, I've had a whole pot of coffee this morning.

FWIW my local ATL met hinted at a "drastic pattern change" around the 17th after the warm up. I'm excited to see what may materialize after this bought of warm weather. IMBY it's more likely to be a spit of snow or sleet (that my family will make fun of me being excited over) or a crippling ice event that will wreak havoc about the metro area.

With absolutely NO data to back this up, I predict 2 separate events between Jan 23-Feb 16th. One crippling ice crap storm that will cause me to indulge heavily in adult beverages so as to tolerate the family being trapped with no power and TV and one Spit and Sputter event of snow and sleet that will not stick to the ground here, but slightly north and west of me they get hammered.

Disclaimer: Don't hold my toes to the chainsaw on this one, I've had a whole pot of coffee this morning.

2zganfd.jpg

Seems like a reasonable prediction.  :)

With absolutely NO data to back this up, I predict 2 separate events between Jan 23-Feb 16th. One crippling ice crap storm that will cause me to indulge heavily in adult beverages so as to tolerate the family being trapped with no power and TV and one Spit and Sputter event of snow and sleet that will not stick to the ground here, but south, over and around Tony, they get hammered.

Fixed it for you.  Now I can give this my sign of approval :thumbsup:

Archived