• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

Avid cyclist here also....I rode 75 miles today. It was 26 degrees when I left this morning. It took a while for me to get warmed up. I'm supposed to do 40 miles tomorrow morning but thankfully it will be warmer.

Sounds like you have a training plan! Excellent.

Sounds like a good base training for say...assault on mitchell. Guessing?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like you have a training plan! Excellent.

Sounds like a good base training for say...assault on mitchell. Guessing?

Yeah I missed it last year. I crashed and broke my collar bone and a couple of ribs. It took me a while to recover from that but I should be good to go this year.

Suwheet! I have a Womens only Cycling camp in New Castle, Va. LOVE the area.

Weather really does dictate how my business goes.

Beautiful day for a ride in Charlotte. We had 70 cyclists on our ride today!

Solid 3 hours.

For sure. It's beautiful out there and it's a great day trip for anyone wanting to do some scenic driving through mountainous countryside. I can make it to New Castle in ~30-45 minutes from Roanoke. (In the car of course  :lol: )

Sweet! Really want to get into riding however $$ is an issue. I run and did 8 Saturday morning. Was up to almost 12 until I got sick 3 weeks ago. Long term plan is to complete a tri , hints why I need to get a road bike :) !! Go strong Bro!

Avid cyclist here also....I rode 75 miles today. It was 26 degrees when I left this morning. It took a while for me to get warmed up. I'm supposed to do 40 miles tomorrow morning but thankfully it will be warmer.

Holy -NAO!!!!!!!!! And nice rap lolz. Why is the 6z GFS.completely different?

6z just has it going much later. Actually if you believe anything it says out in lala land the 6z wasn't bad. NAO going negative at the end of the run along with the PNA going positive and a negative AO. Finally we would get the trifecta!

I feel like this has been a particularly vicious winter season for illness in general. Almost everyone I know has gone through some sort of awful cold. I'm still in high school and many of my friends went through the holiday break in bed with something nasty. I myself have not been 100% since November, I'm just getting over a bad cold that turned into a sinus infection that turned into tonsillitis. 

I had the flu right after Thanksgiving,stuff is bad this year.

It takes a lot to put me down but I felt really bad for about 3 days,just loaded up on medicine and kept going though.

Sweet! Really want to get into riding however $$ is an issue. I run and did 8 Saturday morning. Was up to almost 12 until I got sick 3 weeks ago. Long term plan is to complete a tri , hints why I need to get a road bike :) !! Go strong Bro!

Thanks Strong!!  It won't take long to get back to 12.  The fitness goes fast but doesn't take long to get it back.  I know what you mean about $$.  Cycling is a lot of fun but can get very expensive.  And to think I stopped playing golf because it got so expensive.

And now a rap lyric, "If you don't feel positive about these last few runs I feel bad for you son. I got 99 problems but a NAO aint one".

JWw2w.gif

My worry with a -NAO that strong is the storms staying too far to the south. Could be good for our Ga. and SC peeps.

And right on queue, the CFSv2 backed off on the cold in the east/se substantially for weeks 3 and 4. Still cold, but not nearly the icebox look of the previous runs. Expect the Euro Weeklies to be back to normal or warm again tomorrow.

Its over. This keeps happening. It did the same thing for the first week of Jan back in December and now look where we are.

Anybody know where I can look at 500mb maps from previous years? Back to like 1960 or 1970?

Here is the most simplistic site that I know of for the older maps. It has surface and 500mb height maps that go waayyy back yonder. You will have to download the free viewer which is provided

http://docs.lib.noaa.gov/rescue/dwm/data_rescue_daily_weather_maps.html

Anybody know where I can look at 500mb maps from previous years? Back to like 1960 or 1970?

Here are some links...

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~fxg1/NARR/index.html (Maps from 1979)

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/composites/day (Maps from 1948)

http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/data/composites/subdaily_20thc (Maps from 1871)

Parent link: http://www.esrl.noaa.gov/psd/cgi-bin/data/getpage.pl

Archived