Newest Member
    amirah5
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep

Asteroids or hemorrhoids. Which is the bigger pain in the ass?

When the weather becomes boring, I drift towards the earthquake.usgs/gov page and see what's shaking. Volcanoes can seriously impact the weather and earthquakes can be indicators someone's getting ready to blow. So, the current asteroid threat is way cool and something to watch out for. Even if it only damages a satellite it will be something for the media besides the fiscal cliff to talk about.

Yeh, I am a little nerdy.

Nice avatar WxNerd.  :nerdsmiley:

Thanks Brick. Once a year during the summer we spend 4 days dressed a pirates for the Lake Lanier Pirate Poker Run. It's a charity poker run with folks coming from all over the east bringing their big, go fast racing boats and it's a blast. My goal is on race day (I am not a boat captain on this day) is to try to get one beer drank before the next card pick up spot. By the end of the card run I am one fun pirate. :lmao:

The reason it has turned into a sh!t show around here is simple. We are working on a second consecutive winter of fail and this coming after very promising long range outlooks to start the season. Winter weather lovers have gone beyond their breaking point as far as patience goes. We know we have very limited time in this region and the goal posts keep moving. If that keeps up they will move right into spring when all we will see is cold rain. People are anxious.

The reason it has turned into a sh!t show around here is simple. We are working on a second consecutive winter of fail and this coming after very promising long range outlooks to start the season. Winter weather lovers have gone beyond their breaking point as far as patience goes. We know we have very limited time in this region and the goal posts keep moving. If that keeps up they will move right into spring when all we will see is cold rain. People are anxious.

You make it sound so bad. Cold Rain is some good stuff. :P

Ok Tony, I'm on my way to the bank right now on that one, here's hoping that you're right.

A fool and his money are easily parted, lol.  Ben Franklin said that!

"Money for snow, how many would pay?"  I said that :)  Some day there will be a portable weather generator, and we'll have snow all year round in many back yards, lol.   I sure hope there is reincarnation, 'cause it won't be for a number of life times :) T

I think it's becoming likely that a period of exceptional cold is coming to N.A. I am also still liking the looks of the last 10 days of January being colder to much colder than normal the further west you go in the southeast. 

With the EPO projected to dip, the AO and NAO projected to go negative and the splitting of the polar vortex (SSW) coming in the next few days we should start progressing to colder weather on the maps in the coming week. First aimed toward the plains and west, but it should spread east (slowly and steadily) as we head to the last 10 days of January.  Ensembles still look good and there is a LOT of agreement for ridging developing in great spots to dislodge some very cold air that will be aimed directly at North America.................

I know, I know.............long range crap, lucy pulling the football, mirages, always at 10 days, etc...........  blah blah blah.  Hide and watch, winter is coming.

This is from the January Long Range Thread.  It's a good post with evidence to back up his thinking.  It's a shame that anytime anyone posts something meaningful in that thread, he or she feels the need to add the stuff in bold to keep from being attacked by some here on the forum.  Just venting here.  Carry on.

This is from the January Long Range Thread.  It's a good post with evidence to back up his thinking.  It's a shame that anytime anyone posts something meaningful in that thread, he or she feels the need to add the stuff in bold to keep from being attacked by some here on the forum.  Just venting here.  Carry on.

Exactly.  It is unfortunate.

Spot on! I agree 100%..

I too bought into the 3rd being a lovely event for the ATL area, so much so that I posted that big fat lie on my FB like it was written in stone. Thank goodness my FB friends never go back and look at my weather posts and hold me to the fire when I am wrong.

Disclaimer, man.  You left off the disclaimer, lol.  T

Yep

Asteroids or hemorrhoids. Which is the bigger pain in the ass?

Dear Mr. Burns,

Not only do you horn in on my hemorrhoid jokes, but you spell it better than I do! 

I'm beginning to think you might not have my best interests in mind, Burns.  Did you know that Ga. has an ordinance saying you can't wear a mask covering over a third of your face?  I found out after paying 6 grand to a lawyer to see what they were holding me on!!   And now the  pretty lady across the street has an injunction saying I can't go within 50 feet of my own mail box!!

And my mail man, a friend by the way, was laughing so hard he was still laughing today when he came.  And he said my idea of a rope and basket contraption wasn't federally approved.  This is a mess, and the nice mental health lady said she tried and tried to call you for verification, but you wouldn't answer.  I had to see her when I explained  to the officers about the weather moles,  and the cats, and you saying the mask was sure to get me some snow.  Thanks, buddy!!  And I thought we were, like, sympatico!  T

Dear Mr. Burns,

Not only do you horn in on my hemorrhoid jokes, but you spell it better than I do! 1

I'm beginning to think you might not have my best interests in mind, Burns.  Did you know that Ga. has an ordinance saying you can't wear a mask covering over a third of your face? 2  I found out after paying 6 grand to a lawyer to see what they were holding me on!!   And now the  pretty lady across the street has an injunction saying I can't go within 50 feet of my own mail box!! 3

And my mail man, a friend by the way, was laughing so hard he was still laughing today when he came. 4 And he said my idea of a rope and basket contraption wasn't federally approved.  This is a mess, and the nice mental health lady said she tried and tried to call you for verification, but you wouldn't answer.  I had to see her when I explained  to the officers about the weather moles,  and the cats, and you saying the mask was sure to get me some snow.  Thanks, buddy!!  And I thought we were, like, sympatico!  T

1. Lol.  You looked it up didn't you.  Thought you had me.

2. Send a full face photo to the governor. You should get an exemption.

3. She's pretty.  I can't help with that one.

4. Based on that statement, I would say you are more than friends.

After that last one I have to stop.   :whistle:

I'll have to more thoughtfully parse my literary discourse (you wouldn't try to make something out of that, would you?) from now on..  Due to your uncanny ability to mine the minutiae in my letters, to twist my words into reputation wrecking balls, (dang, can I even say balls around you?), you've pretty much ruined everything for me for the rest of my life.  My work, ( working to help you, working to work my destruction), is done.  I'll stand aside now, to save whatever is left, if anything, and watch from afar, as you lure some other misbegotten soul into your treacherous web.....and, anyway, I think I'm picking up litter on the side of  the road for a few weeks. 

The mask is cool, though.  The cats like it.  I have bad scratches on my face where they attack it in the night, and my pup went for my jugular this morning when I sat up unexpectedly.  Helps hone the reflexes.  And I'll need those, as I'm lead on the sleet patrol, and on call 24/7.  It sounds like the atmosphere is trying to turn it's self completely over, in response to the large object passing well within the orbit of the moon, and the jet streams will descend dangerously close to the earth, as in The Hab Theory, and a snowacane will form off Savannah.   I'm pretty excited............ (can I even say that?)  T

Archived