joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Brick Tamland" data-cid="1977514" data-time="1357152479"><p>

I'm perplexed that others don't see this, though, and seem to think the models are just as good with forecasting snow here than a warm up in th elong range. As far as the other stuff goes, I just get pissed off because I want snow. Everything else in winter is boring.</p></blockquote>

I'm with ya Brick. I'm pissed about the snow too. But I like the cold though, even if it's dry. Then I can make a fire in the fireplace. :)

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Brick Tamland" data-cid="1977514" data-time="1357152479"><p>

I'm perplexed that others don't see this, though, and seem to think the models are just as good with forecasting snow here than a warm up in th elong range. As far as the other stuff goes, I just get pissed off because I want snow. Everything else in winter is boring.</p></blockquote>

I'm with ya Brick. I'm pissed about the snow too. But I like the cold though, even if it's dry. Then I can make a fire in the fireplace. :)

But it's all about the Brickster - he's the Honey Brickster, and he don't care about your cold temps.

Great Question. I know their are sites around that show the verification of models is a given time period. Not sure about a zip code search however, that would be awesome.

I was able to find a few things based on using your "verification" key word. Thanks

Links if anyone else is interested:

http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/gmb/STATS/STATS.html

http://www.emc.ncep.noaa.gov/index.php?branch=modelperf

http://www.hpc.ncep.noaa.gov/html/model2.shtml#verification

Well next weeks forecast looks horrible, not anything to even look at in fantasy land.  I mean come on in the 50's and sunny.  Where is winter,  this is ridiculous.  Just soon it be 70 if there is no snow on the horizon.  G EEEEEEEEEEEE.  :cry::lmao:

You may have spoken too soon. 18z looks like it's primed for something that energy out west moving east and the energy in the north diving down. It also was close with some coastal snow around hr. 105 or so. Hehe oh you lovable 18z. 

You may have spoken too soon. 18z looks like it's primed for something that energy out west moving east and the energy in the north diving down. It also was close with some coastal snow around hr. 105 or so. Hehe oh you lovable 18z. 

I agree burger...It really isn't that bad of a look. If that energy coming out of Canada was a little further west, say Montana instead of ND, then it would give it more room to go neg tilt and explode the moisture. I doubt it happens but fun to dream.

I just posted in another thread (thought I was in this one) that I have spent the past week going through old photos and videos from 1998 till now. 90% of my pictures and videos with snow in them are from the month of February. We can't give up yet because that is still weeks away.

I'm not very impressed with the cold air the models are starting to hint at almost 2 weeks from now.  Don't forget guys, it's pretty warm considering we will be heading towards the end of Jan which that and through mid Feb tend to be the coldest.  Maybe it's a sign of a stronger blast later on though.

Archived