• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

Well, my wife is STILL in the hospital this new year's eve, so my wish is that tomorrow's rain holds off until early afternoon. I have to drive to Chapel Hill around 5:30AM in order to make it to the hospital in time to catch the doctors on their limited early morning rounds, then get back home before any rain sets in. I hate driving, I hate driving I40 any time of the day, I hate driving in rain, and I'm thankful tomorrow is a holiday and traffic will be a little lighter, and I hope the partying people sleep in. We're hoping Lynne will be discharged sometime towards the end of the week. 'Til then, I'll do the daily commute, hating each and every tenth of the 55.6 mile trip. Happy New Year to the SE crew!!!

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, my wife is STILL in the hospital this new year's eve, so my wish is that tomorrow's rain holds off until early afternoon. I have to drive to Chapel Hill around 5:30AM in order to make it to the hospital in time to catch the doctors on their limited early morning rounds, then get back home before any rain sets in. I hate driving, I hate driving I40 any time of the day, I hate driving in rain, and I'm thankful tomorrow is a holiday and traffic will be a little lighter, and I hope the partying people sleep in. We're hoping Lynne will be discharged sometime towards the end of the week. 'Til then, I'll do the daily commute, hating each and every tenth of the 55.6 mile trip. Happy New Year to the SE crew!!!

Thinking about you Solak - that is never pleasant.

Best wishes and Godspeed to your lovely bride and may a guardian angel follow your travels for now and always.

PS

I promise to sleep in and be nowhere I-40 in the am.

No... No web stream link for our station... yet! That will hopefully change by the end of the month! Then you guys can watch me be a fool all the time in the mornings. ;)

Highly dobut you're a fool by any means. Or guys have steaming, but they're forecasts are so bad, lol.

Thoughts & Prayers for a safe speedy recovery Solak!

Sounds like my wife...

Hmmm sounds familiar!

I haven't showered since last year either.

Well, a lot of us haven't slept since last year either - we're just walking bodies that smell like Bigfoot.

Out...

OMG! What an awesome night :lol: Happy new year to the SE Crew :wub:

I see you hooked up with Jose, lol. Happy New Year back Darlin'. Hope it's the best!! Tony

Some great stuff to start off 2013! If we can't have winter weather at least we can have some fun.....Here's to a Safe, Healthy, & Happy New Year for all of the SE crew.

Happy New Year to all you awesome SE peeps.

My New Years resolution is to finally get a smart phone this year. You have no idea how long it takes to type a message on the 12 key number pad on my flip phone....and yes, it has one of those little antennas on the top. :(

And to Solak, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, brother. Hope she gets well very soon.

Happy New Year to all you awesome SE peeps.

My New Years resolution is to finally get a smart phone this year. You have no idea how long it takes to type a message on the 12 key number pad on my flip phone....and yes, it has one of those little antennas on the top. :(

And to Solak, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, brother. Hope she gets well very soon.

:lol:! Me too! I can actually text faster with the 12 key pad than the full keyboard... Weird, I know, but at least I don't have to worry about stupid auto-correct! Besides... It's a great conversation starter. ;)

:lol:! Me too! I can actually text faster with the 12 key pad than the full keyboard... Weird, I know, but at least I don't have to worry about stupid auto-correct! Besides... It's a great conversation starter. ;)

Nice! It is a good convo starter indeed. It's frustrating though when you're trying to type an S and you blow by it and have hit the key another four times. And the antenna always gets caught in my pocket when I'm trying to answer the phone in a hurry. And for some reason it takes all these pictures that turn out black. :o:D

Archived