SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you need to. Having a smart phone makes weather tracking on the go very easy!!!

Nice! It is a good convo starter indeed. It's frustrating though when you're trying to type an S and you blow by it and have hit the key another four times. And the antenna always gets caught in my pocket when I'm trying to answer the phone in a hurry. And for some reason it takes all these pictures that turn out black. :o:D

Happy New Year to all you awesome SE peeps.

My New Years resolution is to finally get a smart phone this year. You have no idea how long it takes to type a message on the 12 key number pad on my flip phone....and yes, it has one of those little antennas on the top. :(

And to Solak, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, brother. Hope she gets well very soon.

You've got an antenna on your phone? When was it made like 2002? :oldman:

You've got an antenna on your phone? When was it made like 2002? :oldman:

Haha! I know. It's an old LG. It's like the best phone ever. But yeah, it's getting obsolete. Getting. :) At least it's a second gen fixed-in-place antenna and not one of those that pulls up and down. I got rid of the bag phone a couple years ago, so that's good I guess. :)

I'm still hanging out in the stone-age with you, CR. I don't have an antenna or a flip phone, but I get by with a general slide-out keyboard texting phone. Since it's not a smart phone, I call it my "dumb" phone. But it serves its purpose, and I don't have to pay for a data plan. It's all about the Benjamin's...

Yeah, seriously, I was in the Verizon store looking at the phones and plans and that mess is $$! I have a Blackberry through work, and that's what I use for internet and AmWx accessing....most of the time. :) So that's as good as it gets for now.

Yeah, seriously, I was in the Verizon store looking at the phones and plans and that mess is $$! I have a Blackberry through work, and that's what I use for internet and AmWx accessing....most of the time. :) So that's as good as it gets for now.

I bit the bullet for Christmas for the family, if you do I strongly suggest the Motorola Max. Has the best battery of any I've ever owned..lasts 2-3 days!

I bit the bullet for Christmas for the family, if you do I strongly suggest the Motorola Max. Has the best battery of any I've ever owned..lasts 2-3 days!

I don't remember seeing that one in the store. I'll have to give it a look-see. I have heard from several people that the Samsung Galaxy is fairly awesome as well....

I don't remember seeing that one in the store. I'll have to give it a look-see. I have heard from several people that the Samsung Galaxy is fairly awesome as well....

I had a Droid X for a few years, but the battery life was getting worse and worse. It barely lasted 10 hours.

I replaced it with the Droid Razr Maxx, and the battery life is incredible! At least 2 days if I'm in an area with good service. In an area without good service in the boondocks, it still lasts 24 hours or so before giving me a charge reminder.

Solak.....sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery :hug:

I see you hooked up with Jose, lol. Happy New Year back Darlin'. Hope it's the best!! Tony

Me and Jose had an amazing night :lol: Happy New Year Tony :wub:

What's this I hear about Jose? I <3 you even with previous STUPID problems that meant nothing. (:

:lol: Happy New Year Shawn

Happy New Year to all you awesome SE peeps.

My New Years resolution is to finally get a smart phone this year. You have no idea how long it takes to type a message on the 12 key number pad on my flip phone....and yes, it has one of those little antennas on the top. :(

And to Solak, our thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife, brother. Hope she gets well very soon.

Yes....you need to welcome yourself to this century :lol:

its all about ground temperature for fescue to germinate in the winter. If we get 50's with sunshine it will but will germinate real slow

I couldn't do it here yet - I'll have to wait until late Feb. most likely...but what if I go to Bermuda? Any earlier?

yeah, maybe it's not the best idea but it could be close enough. My fescue is growing, however, and it could use a cut.

The difference between Upstate SC and eastern NC is stark. It does help to explain why there seems to be such a contrast between my seemingly "normal" start to winter verses ENC.

I had a Droid X for a few years, but the battery life was getting worse and worse. It barely lasted 10 hours.

I replaced it with the Droid Razr Maxx, and the battery life is incredible! At least 2 days if I'm in an area with good service. In an area without good service in the boondocks, it still lasts 24 hours or so before giving me a charge reminder.

Yeah my maxx feels downright immortal some days for battery life sake.

RAZR 2

I couldn't do it here yet - I'll have to wait until late Feb. most likely...but what if I go to Bermuda? Any earlier?

The difference between Upstate SC and eastern NC is stark. It does help to explain why there seems to be such a contrast between my seemingly "normal" start to winter verses ENC.

Bermuda has to wait until at least may

Archived