joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter

WilkesboroDude

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of if this happens, or if that happens going on for the long range. People are grasping at straws.

Yeah, they are really just discussing every possibility out there to make it sound like they are right.

Have you read this yet? It made me laugh the entire time though not sure why. Its an excellent read though.

http://theweathercentre.blogspot.com/2013/01/multiple-stratospheric-warmings-confirm.html

Key words are huge so it's most likely not going to come to par.

Multiple Stratospheric Warmings Confirm Polar Vortex Collapse Probable and Could The Polar Vortex Collapse Like 1985?

If you step back and really look at this board nonsense, you might find that it's just a few who are hell bent on squashing any talk of other possibilities and believe it to be their duty to demand that we all see it one way - their way.  The most glaring symptom is the tendency to essentially post the same passive aggressive (weak) comments - every time, and with the same belittling tone, as if to say "You people are idiots.  You should be agreeing with me".  

I don't necessarily have a problem with it as long as we contain it to Banter.  I've just learned to skim over certain posts, because they will read the same way the last 13 did - with the same weak round about way of calling us idiots.  

If you step back and really look at this board nonsense, you might find that it's just a few who are hell bent on squashing any talk of other possibilities and believe it to be their duty to demand that we all see it one way - their way.  The most glaring symptom is the tendency to essentially post the same passive aggressive (weak) comments - every time, and with the same belittling tone, as if to say "You people are idiots.  You should be agreeing with me".  

I don't necessarily have a problem with it as long as we contain it to Banter.  I've just learned to skim over certain posts, because they will read the same way the last 13 did - with the same weak round about way of calling us idiots.  

100% agree with this.

Spot on !

If you step back and really look at this board nonsense, you might find that it's just a few who are hell bent on squashing any talk of other possibilities and believe it to be their duty to demand that we all see it one way - their way. The most glaring symptom is the tendency to essentially post the same passive aggressive (weak) comments - every time, and with the same belittling tone, as if to say "You people are idiots. You should be agreeing with me".

I don't necessarily have a problem with it as long as we contain it to Banter. I've just learned to skim over certain posts, because they will read the same way the last 13 did - with the same weak round about way of calling us idiots.

So I got to thinking....this may sound random but.....could a tsunami be created in the Great Lakes? What if this occurred during a lake effect snow event?

Where do you come up with this stuff? But to answer the questions:

Yes

It would be bad.

And if it occurred during a volcanic eruption along with an earthquake during a zombie attack while being invaded by space aliens under a full moon, it would be really, really bad.

Well said!

If you step back and really look at this board nonsense, you might find that it's just a few who are hell bent on squashing any talk of other possibilities and believe it to be their duty to demand that we all see it one way - their way. The most glaring symptom is the tendency to essentially post the same passive aggressive (weak) comments - every time, and with the same belittling tone, as if to say "You people are idiots. You should be agreeing with me".

I don't necessarily have a problem with it as long as we contain it to Banter. I've just learned to skim over certain posts, because they will read the same way the last 13 did - with the same weak round about way of calling us idiots.

Spot on sir.

It's a good thing there aren't any more wowsers than there are, otherwise we'd be in real barney.

Spot on sir.

It's a good thing there aren't any more wowsers than there are, otherwise we'd be in real barney.

You've actually accomplished a feat with this - "Wowser" is technically a term of Australian origin, whilst "Barney" (as you've used it) would be an East London cockney signature.

In cultural dialect and language, that's like a Hatfield marrying a McCoy.  Well on!

You've actually accomplished a feat with this - "Wowser" is technically a term of Australian origin, whilst "Barney" (as you've used it) would be an East London cockney signature.

In cultural dialect and language, that's like a Hatfield marrying a McCoy. Well on!

Cheers! I will not be confounded by cultural barriers. :)

Was just deleted in the January thread.  What I said was on that thread there hasn't been a comment since 1:50am this morning.  Things are getting pretty bad when its 9:30 am in the morning and the last comment was at 1:50 am this morning.  This is going to turn out to be worse than last winter if something doesn't pop up soon.  Nothing going on in the January thread so I thought I wouldn't get deleted since its so quiet. :cry::lmao:

Was just deleted in the January thread.  What I said was on that thread there hasn't been a comment since 1:50am this morning.  Things are getting pretty bad when its 9:30 am in the morning and the last comment was at 1:50 am this morning.  This is going to turn out to be worse than last winter if something doesn't pop up soon.  Nothing going on in the January thread so I thought I wouldn't get deleted since its so quiet. :cry::lmao:

Posting hint....notice my post is mostly blather, but still stands, while yours was removed....because having learned from Joe, the master, I put some model related words in with my post, thus making it acceptable.

i.e.  .... say you are posting in the Obs thread, and you say,  "My hemoroids are sure hurting this morning, and I've got to cut the grass."  This post will be moved.  But if you simply add,  " I guess the fact that it is 43, and raining doesn't help", then you are fine!  T

Posting hint....notice my post is mostly blather, but still stands, while yours was removed....because having learned from Joe, the master, I put some model related words in with my post, thus making it acceptable.

i.e.  .... say you are posting in the Obs thread, and you say,  "My hemoroids are sure hurting this morning, and I've got to cut the grass."  This post will be moved.  But if you simply add,  " I guess the fact that it is 43, and raining doesn't help", then you are fine!  T

LOL!!!! 

I'm here in rock creek, wilkesborodude home town. Roads are fine it's probably close to 40 degrees...lol. It was a close call, he almost had some drizzle!!!

I'm sure the public was on pins and needles. Surprised GSP didn't put out a watch/warning for it, guess they figured they would bet against Wilkes this go round.  

Archived