12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Obs and Banter

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White knuckles on the steering wheel with your forehead against the windshield staring hopelessly into an onslaught of whiteness whipped into mini-cyclones hoping you are somewhat on a road and on your side of it.

Nice, should be a fun drive tomorrow morning then. Thanks Jon Jon, just another typical LES snow event for the Allegheny mtns lol

Pounding hard out here now with crazy winds. I'm going to leave the snow measurements up to the pros on this one. Probably around 6" so far with crazy drifting and a nice line coming our way on radar in the next hour or so.

It has definitely picked up again in the past hour. Just walked down the street and there are definitely some spots where drifts are 8-10+". Winds have been relatively light, but the snow is so dry that it moves with a breath of air.

Im really hoping the gfs gives me something to sleep on. I won't have to deal with the euro's dreamsmashing until morning coffee.

at 4-5 days out, don't lose much sleep either way

can you imagine how mentally exhausted we will all be starting to track the 1/2-1/3 event come 12/29?

me thinks this winter just got real long

at 4-5 days out, don't lose much sleep either way

can you imagine how mentally exhausted we will all be starting to track the 1/2-1/3 event come 12/29?

me thinks this winter just got real long

Stop trying to minimize my/our affliction. If we are supposed to not pay attention then maybe stupid gfs and ecmwf gatekeepers should keep public panels at 72 hours tops. I refuse to accept blame.

I still find it remarkable that this potential storm next week has been on the models for what seems like 10 days or more to occur around the same time...not much wavering at all on a storm just the specifics of location and temps have wavered. My knowledge of models is fairly limited but to me this is impressive especially if you aren't expecting a model to be exact but to provide guidance.

Archived