12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December Obs and Banter

WinterWxLuvr

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In 09-10 we looked at every available model during the lead up to storms including the Brazilian and the CRAS...the last two years we completely dismiss or don't even mention them plus other semi major models like the GGEM and UKMET. Does that mean the solutions that the GGEM and UKMET are spitting out are worthless? Do they have any value at this point because I believe neither is showing a transfer...just curious

In 09-10 we looked at every available model during the lead up to storms including the Brazilian and the CRAS...the last two years we completely dismiss or don't even mention them plus other semi major models like the GGEM and UKMET. Does that mean the solutions that the GGEM and UKMET are spitting out are worthless? Do they have any value at this point because I believe neither is showing a transfer...just curious

For me, I just can't handle another model in my brain at long leads. Figure sticking with the 2 best performing globals is good enough. I let everybody else disect the crass and kfs and stuff.

For me, I just can't handle another model in my brain at long leads. Figure sticking with the 2 best performing globals is good enough. I let everybody else disect the crass and kfs and stuff.

I hear you about those bozo models...we did it back then because every dang model showed us in the bullseye and we were just riding high...but the GGEM and UKMET have had skill scores comparable to at least the GFS at times I recall...not sure about now but I have seen the scores in the past...who knows...I'm just bored and feel like typing this morning

Few flurries this am. Wind screamed all night here, stayed in mid to upper 20's with gusts in 40's most of night. Highest gust was 52 mph around 4:30 am. Just enough snow to call it 0.1, had 0.01 of melt in what gauge caught. Got from nothing to around 1.5 inches on ground against fixed objects where the wind blew it. Could be an interesting week depending on exact track of next two systems.

I hear you about those bozo models...we did it back then because every dang model showed us in the bullseye and we were just riding high...but the GGEM and UKMET have had skill scores comparable to at least the GFS at times I recall...not sure about now but I have seen the scores in the past...who knows...I'm just bored and feel like typing this morning

Just did some quick ggem analysis for xmas eve and day. I'm riding that sucker like danica patrick on raceday.

I'm gonna go walk in the woods and see if the 40mph gusts can knock some of the disgust I have with the latest set of runs. If it doesn't work there is a really deep lake at the nature center that I can walk into. Or I can just walk into traffic. There's a solution to my problems.

But just think how quickly time has flown while chasing this storm.

Archived