• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
December Obs and Banter

WinterWxLuvr

You have a better shot than you've had at least. Fun to see everyone's biases come out to play. The storm is still a good ways off as you note.. If the solutions we see right now are completely correct I'd be pretty surprised.

I'll mark you down as being in the shift east and we get snow camp.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

24 degrees and snowing lightly here in McHenry. Just a dusting so far. Arrived last night with an air temp of 35, but it quickly dipped below freezing after midnight.

The forecast calls for better rates this afternoon and tonight. Radar suggests more moderate snow could be an hour or two away.

I'm not feeling real lucky playing this Miller B game for 12/26-27, at least in the local I-95 corridor, unless you are a fan of snow to ice to rain events. Given we are entering the range where the models are somewhat useful, I'm tossing in the towel on any solution that would be all snow for the coastal plane. Increasing confidence that this is a big storm for the Mountains though.

I'm not feeling real lucky playing this Miller B game for 12/26-27, at least in the local I-95 corridor, unless you are a fan of snow to ice to rain events. Given we are entering the range where the models are somewhat useful, I'm tossing in the towel on any solution that would be all snow for the coastal plane. Increasing confidence that this is a big storm for the Mountains though.

I don't think an all snow or classic storm has even been on the table so it's not like a bubble busting event. Those are the worst. Getting teased with a classic and have it fall to sh!t inside of 5 days.

This one was a chicago special that has improved for us over time. I'm totally into that. There is the odd chance that a chicago special can give us front end snow and not ip/zr but I'd much prefer to in the track vs flanked. Good times!

Archived