joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part III

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notice how quiet and angry Pete is. All he has now, are pics of long haired men in AK jumping out of Cessnas.

LOL. He will take a photo of some north facing slope, deep in the woods, with a scattered 1" covering of snow and talk how the snow will be here til his mud season in May or early June (which of course happens well past eveyone elses mud season).

Some of the trees at uconn look like they want to pop out leaves. How can you tell when they'll come out? Very very red

Sounds like they're red maple flower buds, which generally open in early-mid April IMBY, perhaps end of March/start of April there in an average year, about 2 weeks before that species normally leafs out. In this wx, those flowers might pop in 2-3 days.

I think powderfreak will be skiing in fresh powder at least one more time. SNE still in the game too, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

I hope so and it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

This spring to me has 2010 written all over it.... excessive heat early (30+ departure type days at BTV with 80s around April 1st) with massive and swift snow melt... followed by a 2-3 foot snowstorm on April 28-29th that left snow cover even in some of the valleys on May 1st. BTV got over 6" in that storm only like 6 weeks from the solstice.

I mean that's a late snowstorm when you start getting near May 1st for elevations below 500ft.

72° F and sunny here. Already reached our forecast P&C high again. As such, it will likely bust low once again. I think I'll definitely reach 80° F on Thursday. I wouldn't rule out some upper 80s to near 90° F conditions in the Hudson and CT River Valleys. Absolutely ridiculous.

It just makes you really wonder how much AGW is behind this. Although you can't blame one particular event on AGW, there has been a notable tendency for warmer and drier Marches in reacent years. Regardless, this type of prolonged warmth in March must be unprecedented. Even though weather records only go back 100-150 years at most, I just wonder if this type of March warmth has ever occurred in the past 500+ years. If it has, it was probably only once or twice. I would tend to doubt it though. It's just that unreal to me.

72° F and sunny here. Already reached our forecast P&C high again. As such, it will likely bust low once again. I think I'll definitely reach 80° F on Thursday. I wouldn't rule out some upper 80s to near 90° F conditions in the Hudson and CT River Valleys. Absolutely ridiculous.

It just makes you really wonder how much AGW is behind this. Although you can't blame one particular event on AGW, there has been a notable tendency for warmer and drier Marches in reacent years. Regardless, this type of prolonged warmth in March must be unprecedented. Even though weather records only go back 100-150 years at most, I just wonder if this type of March warmth has ever occurred in the past 500+ years. If it has, it was probably only once or twice. I would tend to doubt it though. It's just that unreal to me.

It may be time to find a new planet.

Welcome to the club. This is what March has become as some of us have been discussing. More and more folks are starting to get it

Archived