Fun tidbit from the BTV AFD this morning:

http://forecast.weat...1&highlight=off

.CLIMATE...

THROUGH MARCH 18TH...AVERAGE TEMPERATURE DEPARTURE FROM NORMAL IS

+12.6F AT BTV SO FAR THIS MONTH. THE LAST BELOW NORMAL MONTH AT

BTV IN TERMS OF MEAN TEMPERATURE WAS MARCH 2011 (-0.9F)...AND

THIS MONTH WILL ALMOST CERTAINLY MAKE IT 12 CONSECUTIVE MONTHS

ABOVE NORMAL.

Seems like AWT with fog over NYC and srn CT. Probably will happen tomorrow too.

socked in here, but I can see the sun starting to burn off. We had it Sunday too and we still got to 66 or 67. Would expect it to be a bit lower than yesterday when there was no fog at all.

Another clear warm day in eastern areas, should be a torcher just like yesterday, mid-upper 70s today probably.

I haven't looked at models or anything but with a light west wind is it enough to prevent a seabreeze today or should we just have an all out torch only limited by 850 mb temps today?

LOL 50+ here already, torching. Per Fox the closest we get to normal is +6 this weekend. Nice.

Weathafella, time for dinner. Let's get together the first real nice stretch in April, I'm afraid of driving at night right now and getting stuck in the cold and snow.

Probably will depend of we get some rain on Sunday.

55 here now. Wood peckers telling me I need to replace some trim, mockingbirds chatting, robins happily eating, sparrows are clearing out last years nests in confusion as it's too early.

I saw a coyote last night that was the size of a small water buffalo. They did not have a tough winter at all, this thing was massive. Hoping to get a photo in the coming days.

It's nice in March, but this pattern would be way too hot and humid for me if it recurred two months from now.

Agreed. I hope the summer is not a continued torch. Heck, hopefully April and May are AOB...not counting on that though.Could not believe the bugs that were out last night. Mosquitos, moths, flies, hornets. Severe tick season upcoming. It never fully ended

Coming off a low of 39F, my area is already at 55F. BOX thinks 79,80,80 for the next 3 days. Probably will go a bit above

Days and Days of 80s. I IS DUMB FOUNDED

We've had a pretty good diurnal range down here too the past couple of days...30s yesterday and around 40° this morning for lows but I don't think we'll be so lucky the next few mornings. It's gonna feel like summer if it hasn't already, that's for sure!

We've had a pretty good diurnal range down here too the past couple of days...30s yesterday and around 40° this morning for lows but I don't think we'll be so lucky the next few mornings. It's gonna feel like summer if it hasn't already, that's for sure!

Yesterdays low was 51.2

and todays was 49.9 on top of Mt Tolland

Highs in the 50's and low 60's for most? Just a shallow back door

Not SNE, but MBY had highs 37/39/34 those days (and 74/68 the past two, which took my snowcover down to just patches.)

Continued cool mornings, near 30, have meant daily means "only" in the +20 range. GYX has the foothills at low 80s Thursday from a low near 50. Farmington's normal mean for 3/22 is 31F, so verification would mean about +35, which is otherworldly. In almost 120 yr records, they've been +30 or greater on just six days, 5 in January and one possibly bogus day in Sept, 1895 - the 78F low for 9/23 is their tallest minimum for any day, any month, and is not supported by those few nearby locations with records going back that far. A +35 would trail only the +38 (62/48, normal 16.6F) on 1/14/1932. Otherworldly...

Archived