12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
The unofficial official absurdly warm for March thread, Part III

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see this on some animations I'm working on using the Wunderground maps -

http://www.stormmoni...SURPRE_ani.html

I just got this working today and am working on some other configuration/settings. I'm only going out 7 days as the accuracy beyond that really isn't worth the data.

Any way, check it out.

That's a nice looking product. Post it more often

Can you imagine the growth explosion we'd have after this brutal heatwave if we had a nice soaking rain. We would all def be mowing by April 1

I wonder if the SSTs will get so hot this year that it will cause the ocean to boil thus causing stronger hurricanes thus causing a cat 4 hurricane to hit Fairfield, CT.

That's a nice looking product. Post it more often

I'm going to leave it up...it should update each cycle but the problem I have is the delay between Wunderground and manipulating the maps. It doesn't update till around 4AM & 4PM ET. I still have some parameters to add but they'll all be available through the drop downs on the main page (pardon the plug - http://www.stormmonitoring.com/)

I wonder if the SSTs will get so hot this year that it will cause the ocean to boil thus causing stronger hurricanes thus causing a cat 4 hurricane to hit Fairfield, CT.

Hopefully...b/c if a Cat 4 hits here it would have to be Cat 10 to get over LI so LI would be gone and we'd be oceanfront here. Plus we all want maximum destruction

Just for a moment, for morbidly curiousity and wondering if there was some kind of end-of-days atmospheric super volcano erupting... eh, nope. Just as it has been much of the winter, quite evidentiary, this has been and continues to be purely a United States of American cosmic dildo problem.

UAH_LT_1979_thru_February_2012.png

That's the the global satellite derived temperature. I checked this product against others and they are all in agreement, the current global temperature mean is actually slightly negative, despite our unending inferno in the U.S. and southern Canada. I think we are 10 months and counting on the average, for number of consecutive months above normal...

78F for the high here. This is unbelievable. Epic, epic torch. Even 70F at my house in Westbrook,CT.

Water temp is up to 55F at Comminicut Light in Narragansett Bay...they usually are in the upper 70s in early August FWIW.

Even the sound is up to 48F at Newport,RI. Average for March is 37F....wow!

SEVERE TORCH. 71 on this end of the state as well. Day 4 since our 2 day break last Thu-Fri

LOL.. Did they have the swears as well?

Times are changing. Must've been some sort of remix, only had the first few lines then instrumental.

75.9 just got in from watering the various tulips and tiger lillies I have around the house. Soil is bone dry in sunny areas and still moist in the shade. It was odd to have to do that as they ordinarily push their way through remnants of melting snow piles.

78F for the high here. This is unbelievable. Epic, epic torch. Even 70F at my house in Westbrook,CT.

Water temp is up to 55F at Comminicut Light in Narragansett Bay...they usually are in the upper 70s in early August FWIW.

Even the sound is up to 48F at Newport,RI. Average for March is 37F....wow!

TPC is sending a special recon flight to check the area out. It would be the earliest designated TC in the history of the Bay -

Just for a moment, for morbidly curious and wondering if there was some kind of end-of-days atmospheric super volcano erupting... eh, nope. Just as it has been much of the winter, quite evidentiary, this has been and continues to be purely a United States of American cosmic dildo problem.

That's the the global satellite derived temperature. I checked this product against others and they are all in agreement, the current global temperature mean is actually slightly negative, despite our unending inferno in the U.S. and southern Canada. I think we are 10 months and counting on the average, for number of consecutive months above normal...

The west has had an epic month for snow....record snow and record lows all over Arizona and NM the past weekend, lol. Snow over the border in Mexico while we are baking. Once the coast of Africa got snow this winter, you knew it just wasn't our year.

TCP is sending a specal recon flight to check the area out. It would be the earliest designated TC in the history of the Bay -

But for real, think about it. That water is a solid 10F above average. That's pretty significant seeing as the dq of water is really high.. Didn't imply anything by it, just thought it was very warm...

But for real, think about it. That water is a solid 10F above average. That's pretty significant seeing as the dq of water is really high.. Didn't imply anything by it, just thought it was very warm...

I'm sure we'll upwell that out of here by next week.

Oh I know .... the point of my sarcasm is that I am wondering how impressed by that we should be. It seems to me simply to be a precipitous creation for not having sustained CAA events this year. The oceanic circulation doesn't appear appreciably different for the time being.

The west has had an epic month for snow....record snow and record lows all over Arizona and NM the past weekend, lol. Snow over the border in Mexico while we are baking. Once the coast of Africa got snow this winter, you knew it just wasn't our year.

That about sums it up lol

Oh I know .... the point of my sarcasm is that I am wondering how impressed by that we should be. It seems to me simply to be a precipitous creation for not having sustained CAA events this year. The oceanic circulation doesn't appear appreciably different for the time being.

Yeah the lack of upwelling really will bake the SSTs.

I'm sure we'll upwell that out of here by next week.

Over the ocean, yeah probably..In the bays, probably not so much. It'll drop back down to maybe 50ish but bay circulations don't really upwell too much compared to open ocean waters. Overall though, we have a good platform to work with over the spring and summer months, providing we have a decent summer weather wise. It's the coastal CT in me that had to bring it up!

I see what you're saying. I'm just implying the temps at this point are fairly anomalous. I've lived for all of my 20 years near the water and actually recently had a convo with a harbor master in my town about water temps in my area...in his 46years it's never started this warm. The overall oceanic circulation is the same, but the wx effecting that circulation up here is certainly anomalous, hence the temps.

Heh, simply reverting back to normal temperatures would ensue a weather-cultural riot at this point, not to mention suffering. I don't think people even know how to survive it any more :)

Truth be told, I think it would be outstanding to the point of me wanting to root on a 30+" inch freak April whateverism, after soaking society in this gigantic seasonal euphoric prick tease. If that happened, the seasonal blue ballz would be about as achy as a torture chamber in the dungeons of Coligula.

Over the ocean, yeah probably..In the bays, probably not so much. It'll drop back down to maybe 50ish but bay circulations don't really upwell too much compared to open ocean waters. Overall though, we have a good platform to work with over the spring and summer months, providing we have a decent summer weather wise. It's the coastal CT in me that had to bring it up!

I see what you're saying. I'm just implying the temps at this point are fairly anomalous. I've lived for all of my 20 years near the water and actually recently had a convo with a harbor master in my town about water temps in my area...in his 46years it's never started this warm. The overall oceanic circulation is the same, but the wx effecting that circulation up here is certainly anomalous, hence the temps.

Right - it definitelly seems more likely to be the atmosphere being naughty that is causing that...

I wonder if there are seasonal SST forecasting sources?

I was at Narrag. Beach back in 1998, summer, and the water was so warm at one point the shallows, where the kelp crowns the bolders and oscillates back and forth in the ebb flow of the waves, started to take on the turqoise -like hue that you get in the real tropics. The locals said then they thought it was the warmest they ever recalled the water being along the southern coast of RI and the mouth of the Sound. I wonder what the record warm water really is, and if such a record exists, would it be in jeopardy having a such a high launch pad?

Probably not... A sollid 2 or 3 days of strong NW winds would probably do a lot to correct the warm anomalies closer to normal.

Right - it definitelly seems more likely to be the atmosphere being naughty that is causing that...

I wonder if there are seasonal SST forecasting sources?

I was at Narrag. Beach back in 1998, summer, and the water was so warm at one point the shallows, where the kelp crowns the bolders and oscillates back and forth in the ebb flow of the waves, started to take on the turqoise -like hue that you get in the real tropics. The locals said then they thought it was the warmest they ever recalled the water being along the southern coast of RI and the mouth of the Sound. I wonder what the record warm water really is, and if such a record exists, would it be in jeopardy having a such a high launch pad?

Probably not... A sollid 2 or 3 days of strong NW winds would probably do a lot to correct the warm anomalies closer to normal.

Especially along south facing shores in RI. Definitely with a solid CAA event, temps would drop back down with upwelling. Still interesting to see what will happen due to this said 'launching pad'. I don't know if you've experienced water this warm this early, but if we do encounter an above normal summer temperature wise, I could see the Bay getting into the 80's and the south coast getting in the mid 70's by August. Hell, last year it was 79F at Comminicut Light and even 72-74F along the south coast with a below average winter temperature wise, and an above normal summer.

Archived