• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Thursday's storm ...Rain, snow, ice, wind (part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those worried about a cold air source, it is in the low single numbers in northern ME. Remember so many in SNE were weeneeing about the event that dropped 20 in NYC but all rain in most of NE? That was the elephant in the room....40 in Caribou. Right now it's 4.

The great retro-storm of February 2010? The most remarkable thing about that storm....the southwestern corner of the town of Greenwich CT got 19", the eastern half of the town 6". In New England we had NNE winds and rain. NYC had SW winds and heavy snow.

Yes. While it's fine to walk around in, winter without snow is depressing. Short dark days, brown ugly landscape....

But....walking around when it's mild is easier, lighter coats etc. Still, if we're not going to get snow I'd much prefer summer. I know alot on this forum hate summer but I like 2 seasons, winter and summer. Spring and Fall are useless and now that this winter is snowless, we can throw that in too.

Depends what activities you love and enjoy. I skied for 2 hrs this morning and followed it up with a bucket of balls at the range. I love NE and all the seasons and opportunities to enjoy diverse outdoor activities in various conditions. Wouldn't live anywhere else in the world.

This morning was one of the most beautiful mornings out so far this year.

Maybe a little bit warmer I suppose, it has a stronger low in se PA compared to 00z.

Looks like it gets squashed along the south coast and into SE MA...its gonna be a pain trying to forecast the CAD nuances in this event since little ripples in the pressure field can sometimes have a big sensible wx impact.

People here are expecting a day off tomorrow. I guess its possible because any ice causes issues but not sure how long we stay below freezing.

What you have to remember is that just because it's NBD in YBY, doesn't mean that they won't cancel school because many folks in that city live at 1000'+.

Looks like the Euro really unloads on the Monadnocks. Can't tell for sure, but looks like it amped up QPF a bit?

Yeah it did...N ORH county and into the Monadnocks would get more snow than I currently think if its right. Esp N ORH county...I already thought Monads were probably good for advisory snow, but they might be approaching low end warning criteria on the Euro.

Hubbdave-land is where it might conflict the most with my thinking. It would give him solid advisory snow, but I'm guessing we'll see the MLs warm a little faster than it has it. One of the keys to its snowier solution is having it really rip the precip in early...its probably snowing here by 1-2am on the Euro.

Yeah it did...N ORH county and into the Monadnocks would get more snow than I currently think if its right. Esp N ORH county...I already thought Monads were probably good for advisory snow, but they might be approaching low end warning criteria on the Euro.

Hubbdave-land is where it might conflict the most with my thinking. It would give him solid advisory snow, but I'm guessing we'll see the MLs warm a little faster than it has it. One of the keys to its snowier solution is having it really rip the precip in early...its probably snowing here by 1-2am on the Euro.

Will, verbatim what is the euro looking like for here?

Also, what's your thinking?

You still owe me for Dec 23 :axe: (jk)

I am thinking ice/sleet will be the bigger issue. Depends on how quick the precip sets in. 1-2am would make me happy

Archived