• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Gonzalo00
    Newest Member
    Gonzalo00
Thursday's storm ...Rain, snow, ice, wind (part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My new P/C---LMAO

Tonight: Snow likely, mainly after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 26. East wind between 5 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Thursday: Rain, snow, and sleet, becoming all rain after 2pm. Patchy fog before 4pm. High near 38. East wind 14 to 17 mph decreasing to between 6 and 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

MPM, you are my nemesis

Tonight: Snow likely before 5am, then snow and sleet likely. Increasing clouds, with a low around 25. East wind between 6 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow and sleet before 9am, then rain. Patchy fog. High near 38. East wind 15 to 18 mph decreasing to between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible

MPM, you are my nemesis

Tonight: Snow likely before 5am, then snow and sleet likely. Increasing clouds, with a low around 25. East wind between 6 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Thursday: Snow and sleet before 9am, then rain. Patchy fog. High near 38. East wind 15 to 18 mph decreasing to between 7 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible

got your generator wired?

MPM, you are my nemesis

I've got 1 tonight and then 2-4'' tomorrow. I'll be thrilled with 3.

It's not pretty Mark...Tip or no Tip. NAO showing no sign. We have a big N Atlantic ridge but it's too far east. If it got stouter, it could help us ala January 2000 but a big if. For now, let's enjoy the next 7-10 days and see where the pattern goes but persistence of the best tool at this point.

MPM, you are my nemesis

I'm counting on 2".

Tonight: Rain and snow likely, mainly after 4am. Increasing clouds, with a low around 27. East wind between 6 and 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Thursday: Rain and snow, becoming all rain after noon. Patchy fog before 4pm. High near 40. Northeast wind 15 to 18 mph decreasing to between 5 and 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

:violin:

There are no more trees up here. '08, Irene, Rocktober killed em all

(actually thinking only about 0.2" acrection, but we'll see)

Just kidding. I just read the entire thread on the 08 storm on Eastern, you guys started warm then went cold, looks like you start a lot colder this time, those DPs in Maine look similar as well as the progged winds on the south coast. This is going to be an interesting battle.

Just kidding. I just read the entire thread on the 08 storm on Eastern, you guys started warm then went cold, looks like you start a lot colder this time, those DPs in Maine look similar as well as the progged winds on the south coast. This is going to be an interesting battle.

Based on my fuzzy memory and what Will has posted in the past, the winds helped quite a bit in 2008

I wish I knew about Eastern in 2008.

And that animation that you posted earlier was cool.

Wow on ZFP.

MAZ002-120900-

WESTERN FRANKLIN MA-

INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...ASHFIELD...CHARLEMONT...COLRAIN...

SHELBURNE

416 PM EST WED JAN 11 2012

...WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 1 AM TO 1 PM EST

THURSDAY...

.TONIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY. A SLIGHT CHANCE OF SNOW THIS EVENING...

THEN SNOW AND SLEET AFTER MIDNIGHT. PATCHY FOG AFTER MIDNIGHT.

ADDITIONAL SNOW AND SLEET ACCUMULATION OF 1 TO 3 INCHES. LOWS IN

THE MID 20S. EAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION

80 PERCENT.

.THURSDAY...SNOW...SLEET...RAIN AND FREEZING RAIN IN THE

MORNING...THEN RAIN...SNOW LIKELY WITH A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN

IN THE AFTERNOON. PATCHY FOG. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 4 TO

6 INCHES. ICE ACCUMULATION AROUND A TRACE. HIGHS IN THE UPPER

30S. EAST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH. GUSTS UP TO 30 MPH IN THE MORNING.

CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR 100 PERCENT.

GFS does seem a bit colder from 12z. Tough to tell if its just semantics, but semantics may mean an inch more or less of snow for borderline areas. Lift looked decent.

But it still bothers me to see the SREF and NAM. I guess it's not like the difference between 5"and 0.5"...but still..there is a difference. It's rare to see the NAM a tick warmer than the GFS on 2M temps. I gotta think the NAM may be too warm at the surface.

I think we might be looking at an ice storm of varying degrees depending on elevation. Pretty strong signal JMHO.

Yeah I agree..someone could get some good icing. Maybe just north of Will..but could easily be him too.

Even on the GFS. About 0.25" by 12z falls as snow in ORH if you believe the model.

Archived