• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Thursday's storm ...Rain, snow, ice, wind (part 2)

OKpowdah

"The lump is not cancerous. You're going to be fine! ... why are you crying?"

"The NAM *sob* just came in *sob* wwaaaarrrrmmmerrr!"

Thats the best one I've heard in awhile there!

Anyway, the real reason I came in here (which I usually don't do) is to say... congrats on your dual-pol upgrade to KBOX... and to also say...DAMN YOU GUYS ARE NOISEY!!

post-741-0-48831800-1326327644.png

FWIW, most other dual-pol stations are 10-40° PHIDp (measures beam "twist" by objects and precip) after ground clutter, the more objects the higher the PhiDP. You guys have just over 100° of PHIDP after your ground clutter!

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway, the real reason I came in here (which I usually don't do) is to say... congrats on your dual-pol upgrade to KBOX... and to also say...DAMN YOU GUYS ARE NOISEY!!

FWIW, most other dual-pol stations are 10-40° PHIDp (measures beam "twist" by objects and precip) after ground clutter, the more objects the higher the PhiDP. You guys have just over 100° of PHIDP after your ground clutter!

lol wow that's ...impressive haha. Cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

I grabbed the basics of this stuff last summer, but will take some operational use to get used to. Looking forward to it!

Love me some dual- pol on Radarscope for IPad

e2188631.jpg

I feel pretty good about a couple inches of accumulation for God's country, especially followed by a glaze of ice along the spine and east slopes of Berks.

Thinking maybe 2-4" for Pete up north.

As for areas to the east maybe an inch or 2 for ORH then over the sleet and some ZR.

I do think there will be up to 1/4" of ZR for the east slope of the Berks... NAM has a decent freezing rain signal.

I feel pretty good about a couple inches of accumulation for God's country, especially followed by a glaze of ice along the spine and west slopes of Berks.

As for areas to the east maybe an inch or 2 for ORH then over the sleet and some ZR.

I do think there will be up to 1/4" of ZR for the west slope of the Berks... NAM has a decent freezing rain signal.

Since I don't know how to read the NAM, whats the deal with Northern RI. Just cold rain?

I feel pretty good about a couple inches of accumulation for God's country, especially followed by a glaze of ice along the spine and west slopes of Berks.

I do think there will be up to 1/4" of ZR for the west slope of the Berks... NAM has a decent freezing rain signal.

Nice thumper the dumper in NJ heading Northeast.

Love me some dual- pol on Radarscope for IPad

Just a general note to everyone: Careful with the "HCA" mode.. keep in mind thats for the elvation of the radar beam. (farther=higher) (Closer/more likely to be realistic). Its not snowing in SW CT right now lol, but it is at 12,000 ft where the radar is hitting!

Ryan, why the ice on the west slope? My experience is that the warm air is scoured out much more quickly on the west side of the crest and the east side seems to be much more resistant to warm air intrusion. Is there something different n this set up than the norm?

Ryan, why the ice on the west slope? My experience is that the warm air is scoured out much more quickly on the west side of the crest and the east side seems to be much more resistant to warm air intrusion. Is there something different n this set up than the norm?

Ooooops... totally my bad. I meant east but typed wrong.

You're totally right.

Just a general note to everyone: Careful with the "HCA" mode.. keep in mind thats for the elvation of the radar beam. (farther=higher) (Closer/more likely to be realistic). Its not snowing in SW CT right now lol, but it is at 12,000 ft where the radar is hitting!

Ya Think? LOL, ask Joe LL he has not seen a flake since Oct , if he did there would be a post about it. But it will be great to see the rain snow line tonight just to my north. I did ground truth for Doppler back in 93 as they were fine tuning it. They called me one time and said its pouring right? I said nope 2 per hour,they did not believe me until I put my 8 year old on the phone.

Ya Think? LOL, ask Joe LL he has not seen a flake since Oct , if he did there would be a post about it. But it will be great to see the rain snow line tonight just to my north. I did ground truth for Doppler back in 93 as they were fine tuning it. They called me one time and said its pouring right? I said nope 2 per hour,they did not believe me until I put my 8 year old on the phone.

Thats a great story... Just goes to show Virga's a Bi*ch :lol:

Archived