• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday's storm ...Rain, snow, ice, wind (part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, its weather, we have zero control, zero. Nice week to ten days of active weather coming up. I think some folks here look way too far ahead and get bummed. And no Jerry that is not a lecture just a comment, similar to my last one.

Some do, Thats what i had said yesterday, We have no control on where or where it does not snow, This pattern has been pretty heavily discussed and most know what the consequnces were going to be with a gradient pattern, If they wanted to believe it or not

Reading about this ULL. My original plans were to leave about 3am and drive to Bolton Thursday Morning and leave that night. Now people are talking about an upslope smoking on Friday. So naturally I should wait until Friday? Are you guys sure the upslope is going to be impressive on Friday yet?

It sounds like the upslope snow is still on track - adk responded in the NNE thread to my post this morning and said he's going with totals topping out around 18". You can check in at adk's website for his latest weather thoughts (not sure if he is going to do an update there today), but I figure he and/or Powderfreak will update here or in the NNE thread at some point if things change. The best timing for catching the upslope bounty at places like Bolton Valley would naturally be Friday into Saturday.

I was really surprised how aggressive the Euro was with cold and snow pretty far south. It has become the cold outlier this year.

Pretty good agreement with the ensembles too. But it's not as cold as you think, with that warmer layer aloft..however it seems to be colder than any other guidance. Part of me believes it, but part of me thinks it may be too cold aloft.

Pretty good agreement with the ensembles too. But it's not as cold as you think, with that warmer layer aloft..however it seems to be colder than any other guidance. Part of me believes it, but part of me thinks it may be too cold aloft.

Guess we'll see what the NAM says. Looks slow again early o--and warmer.

It's barely even below 0C 850 when the precipitation starts here on the NAM. Now the question is will it ping...or will I be hit with super cold rain drops at 1 AM?

I really want to be positive for Pete's sake ....if nothing else. LOL ...but what can you say...

I think Dendrite, PF, Eric and DS will be the only ones posting in the obs thread. This run blows. Maybe Friday will play out.

12Z NAM is awful, even for GC. Quick burst of snow and sleet before it goes over to a chilly rain. Trapped cold air on the east slope could mean some glazing for those areas, especially around Pete and MPM. I have some hope that Friday may produce a few inches of upslope as the arctic air invades behind that second wave.

Archived