• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday's storm ...Rain, snow, ice, wind (part 2)

OKpowdah

I've noticed looking at the Euro maps that it's really trying to get precise lately with localized areas of CAD even at 850. I guess owing to the grid of model....I mean moreso than I see on the NCEP maps.

Yeah it's good showing that, and is more realistic. It doesn't mean that it could be too cold...but it depicts the more correct orientation...if you know what I mean.

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if I get very few flakes and a good deal of sleet here. Of course I'm really hoping for a burst of good snow for awhile, but been burnt a few too many times this winter.

BOX map looks a bit overdone with the snow, esp up near me.

They are still calling for 2-5" here, 3-6" at my work location in the point n click

Icing and sleet are my biggest concerns (well, and the rain)

20.4F/19

Pete is lucky to be going in the right direction. I scheduled my yearly visit to see my dad's 94 year old sister in Ocala....this year for Feb. 20-27... I hope that's not the week we get our one good snowstorm of this winter. You can't imagine a more boring place than Ocala. LOL ..you know ..unless you like driving around in your golf cart at the senior golf community every day.

I leave next Friday. I hope there's a blizzard that shuts down BDL and cancels my outbound and thus the entire trip.

1/27, I hope we get some fun in here before then. I'll stuff my pockets with snow for the return trip (if I return).

It's perfect timing. AK should be back in the freezer with nearly constant snow by then. If I didn't commit myself, I'd fly to Anchorage and head over to Cordova.

I really thought it may not slip north this time because of the steadfastness of the Euro. 12Z will tell the tale ...and if the inexorable northward trend begins ...not even Dendrite is safe.

So, I wonder if we'll see a mad scramble of the models in the next 24 hours all sh*tting the bed like we did last month. Now that would be a hoot.

I think the worst part of this system is that this winter, such a meh storm has us so excited. Really highlights the state of our discontent.

So, I wonder if we'll see a mad scramble of the models in the next 24 hours all sh*tting the bed like we did last month. Now that would be a hoot.

I think the worst part of this system is that this winter, such a meh storm has us so excited. Really highlights the state of our discontent.

I could see you getting some pretty good icing tomorrow..after a couple of inches of snow.

Pete is lucky to be going in the right direction. I scheduled my yearly visit to see my dad's 94 year old sister in Ocala....this year for Feb. 20-27... I hope that's not the week we get our one good snowstorm of this winter. You can't imagine a more boring place than Ocala. LOL ..you know ..unless you like driving around in your golf cart at the senior golf community every day.

hike into the Paynes Prairie and hunt the elusive Florida panther. Go Gaytuhs!

Noyes's map looks pretty accurate. Cold 1/14-23/24 and then patttern breaks back. What next though? A little foggy heading towards February.

don't lose hope yet Jer....that's long range, it can change and the NAO might be our wildcard. Perhaps a couple of good snows next week, a pattern relaxer on the 22nd-23rd....then a few days of warm, then back at it via -NAO by Feb 1

don't lose hope yet Jer....that's long range, it can change and the NAO might be our wildcard. Perhaps a couple of good snows next week, a pattern relaxer on the 22nd-23rd....then a few days of warm, then back at it via -NAO by Feb 1

From your mouth to my wife's ears. She controls everything.

It's perfect timing. AK should be back in the freezer with nearly constant snow by then. If I didn't commit myself, I'd fly to Anchorage and head over to Cordova.

They haven't lost the cold or the constant snow. I'm actually hoping it isn't too stormy as we need to be air mobile. It'll be tough if we're socked in with storms and a low deck.

This pattern has really started to get to many folks, I was ready to step away from the keyboard for a while

Meh, its weather, we have zero control, zero. Nice week to ten days of active weather coming up. I think some folks here look way too far ahead and get bummed. And no Jerry that is not a lecture just a comment, similar to my last one.

Archived