• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday's storm ...Rain, snow, ice, wind (part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why we are debating this. How difficult is it to accept that it is going to rain on Thursday instead of snow. And as things appear right now a lot of rain on Thursday. Enjoy everyone.

There's going to be a lot of rain for many in the area, but there is still plenty of winter wx in this storm that needs to be tracked. Interior NE MA is in line for some snow on the front end...it could be an inch, it could be 4" if it all breaks right. Conservative is the way to go, as we love to see some warmer trends this winter...but the CAD is there too. Further in the interior, there is an icing threat after a bit of front end snow.

This event stinks compared to what we have generally had the last 4 winters, but I guess its better than nothing at all.

I had this issue too, it was from the ads, just make sure there you have pop up blocker on, and spam/antivirus is up running and current....I haven't had the issues again since I did these....good luck!

How do you know it was coming from the Ads ??

According to what's available out on the web:

"Method of Infection

There are many ways your computer could get infected with Win 7 Anti-Virus 2012. Win 7 Anti-Virus 2012 can come bundled with shareware or other downloadable software. "

...Which means, viewing pages where downloads took place may be enough if it is coming from a 3rd party. I was looking at that PD Family Mesonet post when it struck for the 2nd time.

Dendrite,

Thanks for the acknowledgement! Please google "Win 7 antivirus 2012" for further information. American doesn't have to be a "shabby site", nor is the intent of bring this to the attention of the admins and attempt to inpugn American (just in case there is any doubt!). This issue is that the virus may not be on American per se, but could very well be transmitted through downloaded apps. Or, it could be on the site just the same.

The fix for this worked both times on Windows 7; System retoration found in Control Panels. Unfortunately, I had to re-install Firefox (yes I'm thinking of going to Chrome).

Thanx,

John

How do you know it was coming from the Ads ??

According to what's available out on the web:

"Method of Infection

There are many ways your computer could get infected with Win 7 Anti-Virus 2012. Win 7 Anti-Virus 2012 can come bundled with shareware or other downloadable software. "

...Which means, viewing pages where downloads took place may be enough if it is coming from a 3rd party. I was looking at that PD Family Mesonet post when it struck for the 2nd time.

Dendrite,

Thanks for the acknowledgement! Please google "Win 7 antivirus 2012" for further information. American doesn't have to be a "shabby site", nor is the intent of bring this to the attention of the admins and attempt to inpugn American (just in case there is any doubt!). This issue is that the virus may not be on American per se, but could very well be transmitted through downloaded apps. Or, it could be on the site just the same.

The fix for this worked both times on Windows 7; System retoration found in Control Panels. Unfortunately, I had to re-install Firefox (yes I'm thinking of going to Chrome).

Thanx,

John

clearly this storm is a nail-biter T-24hrs

LOL...yeah. Although the '08 storm basically went over him, lol. I remember Ekster was reporting winds ripping to like 60mph from the south with temps in the 60s. That was an epic morning.

Here's a pretty cool animation that the poster Monsonwx from eastern made...showing the temps from 9pm the night before and then 6am the next morning....look at the temp gradient in RI/SE MA/SE CT....then of course all the stations that lost power in the icing zone.

Dude, it was friggin rediculous. I awoke to a large tree branch falling on my roof and my grill being pushed across the deck. Felt like "summer" out there. Saw many downed trees as I drove to work for 1030a that morning.

Dude, it was friggin rediculous. I awoke to a large tree branch falling on my roof and my grill being pushed across the deck. Felt like "summer" out there. Saw many downed trees as I drove to work for 1030a that morning.

I remember finally getting on the internet that morning at a panera bread and reading back through the thread and you were talking about howling winds at like 60mph, lol. I couldn't believe the temp gradient when I got on that morning. I just assumed it was in the 40s off to the southeast. I didn't think people were pushing 65F at like 7 in the morning in December, lol.

This run looks good from northern ct into mass even the boston metro for a 2-4 hr thumpity thoo, orh north looks really decent, by the time 850s are north most of the appreciable precip looks to be almost done.

I htink that might be stretching it, but a fair amount does come prior to then. Solid advisory for some I suspect in SNE. Congrats Dendrite, Eric, Dryslot!

Archived