• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday's storm ...Rain, snow, ice, wind (part 2)

OKpowdah

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 00z NAM is even bringing P-Type issues to ALB and CON at this point... Not sure if that is a bad run or not...

Listen, this is the 2nd time in 36 hours my home system contracted this "Win 7 antivirus 2012" virus, and American was that only interfacing going on at each time. I started a thread to warn of this, and even PM some mods, but my thread(s) were deleted and I have heard of no action being taken.

Now it is clear this is coming from American's servers and I trust that this time it won't be ignored and action actually be taken to protect the community of users. This can be reported.

I'm logging off for the time being to protect my home system.

No one else has reported anything. Try saving the page you were on when it popped up so we can try to locate any possible issue. We're not a shady site.

Some of the funniest comments here since the 0Z NAM... feels like Ground Hog day, when Bill Murray resigns into a mocking I-don't-give-a-f*** mood

Phil: I was in the Virgin Islands once. I met a girl. We ate lobster, drank piña coladas. At sunset, we made love like sea otters.

Phil: *That* was a pretty good day. Why couldn't I get *that* day over, and over, and over...

The

low was more elongated SW to NE in that storm...so the CAD was more efficient...so I agree that we wouldn't get away with a track that close this time without going over to cold rain for a time. We usually want it a little further SE...that storm actually had a leading wave out ahead of the main low which I think you indirectly referenced...it helped increase the wind from 020 and drive the lower dewpoint air even further SW.

This storm at the sfc is a little more stout from E to W, so the CAD will have to fight a little hard at an angle a bit more easterly, so we'll want a track further east to offset that.

Man, if only we had some snow pack before this storm, lol.

:snowing::axe:

I'll huff, and I'll puff...and I'll blow your weenie .

Jeez, first of all I don't swing that way. Second, there is nothing that will dampen my enthusiasm for Winter. LL and Messenger's constant drumbeat of doom only strengthens my resolve. I'll be having fun in the snow, I'll send you pics.

I can't wait for my cryosphere to burgeon.

I can't wait for spring to burgeon....though I'm sure there out neg NAO will be waiting lol

Although I never begrudge anyone snow, deep in my heart one of these storms i would like to see a mid-level warming gradient with a wicked cutoff that leaves you pinging and MPM geting SN++.

;)

No one controls the weather....I think it's funny to wish ill meteorologocal will on others...nice tension release.

Jeez, first of all I don't swing that way. Second, there is nothing that will dampen my enthusiasm for Winter. LL and Messenger's constant drumbeat of doom only strengthens my resolve. I'll be having fun in the snow, I'll send you pics.

I'm catching the first chair tomorrow at WaWa. Time to get out and enjoy what we got.

Although I never begrudge anyone snow, deep in my heart one of these storms i would like to see a mid-level warming gradient with a wicked cutoff that leaves you pinging and MPM geting SN++.

;)

It has happened. I really am just glad this is a snow producer. A glop storm here is fine, I'll be skiing 100 miles north.

I can't wait for spring to burgeon....though I'm sure there out neg NAO will be waiting lol

No one controls the weather....I think it's funny to wish ill meteorologocal will on others...nice tension release.

you know that's coming. we'll have a -4SD NAO in may and june. Tippy will post about big NAO rises coming and pending heat waves while people are wearing mittens at fenway with gray skies, drizzle and 43F

you know that's coming. we'll have a -4SD NAO in may and june. Tippy will post about big NAO rises coming and pending heat waves while people are wearing mittens at fenway with gray skies, drizzle and 43F

I think June of 2009 was colder than this winter has been so far.

The 00z NAM is even bringing P-Type issues to ALB and CON at this point... Not sure if that is a bad run or not...

Listen, this is the 2nd time in 36 hours my home system contracted this "Win 7 antivirus 2012" virus, and American was that only interfacing going on at each time. I started a thread to warn of this, and even PM some mods, but my thread(s) were deleted and I have heard of no action being taken.

Now it is clear this is coming from American's servers and I trust that this time it won't be ignored and action actually be taken to protect the community of users. This can be reported.

I'm logging off for the time being to protect my home system.

I had this issue too, it was from the ads, just make sure there you have pop up blocker on, and spam/antivirus is up running and current....I haven't had the issues again since I did these....good luck!

Archived