joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 2 - 4 Disco/Obs

NavarreDon

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice returns over Marion, wonder if they are getting some nice snow squalls. Pretty rare for this type of event, but with such a nice vort at 5h, not surprised to see this make it over the mtns.

Getting posts on my facebook that the ground is covered in Old Fort and up 221 North past Woodlawn... its partly cloudy here 3 miles west of Marion.

UPDATE: got a call from my niece...snowing in downtown and snowing at Marion Lake Club.

Nice returns over Marion, wonder if they are getting some nice snow squalls. Pretty rare for this type of event, but with such a nice vort at 5h, not surprised to see this make it over the mtns.

It was the band that just came through Yancey Co. We just got hammered the past hour with some of the heaviest flow snow I've ever seen!! Dropped well over an inch. I'll go measure at halftime.

Btw, 9.9 degress and the wind is still crankin'.

My 22 yr. old daughter and 19 year old son just came back from town...6 miles away....roads, grasses, cars covered in snow....her words.."I was driving in my first snow ever....flying, blowing, awesome!" My 19 yr. old's words..."I thought she was gonna kill us, she kept pulling off to look at the snow!" (At home, a token flake every now and then) Sitting at 24 degrees and wind has calmed down a bit.

Well so far I have cold, wind, & a big can of fail! Just a light dusting so far in Weaverville. No snow for the past 30 min. In GSPs 7:00 pm update they say the bulk of the moisture would be over by 10:00 pm. Pinning my hopes on a overnight surprise.

the winds will gradually veer later to shift more in your direction. There's still plenty of good 850 moisture to lift all the way past 12 z tomorrow, so this is apretty good upslope event and it pulls north rapidly toward 15z tomorrow.

post-38-0-95051100-1325558113.gif

Archived