Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 2 - 4 Disco/Obs

NavarreDon

1st cousin. LOL.

I took your advise on the snow making equipment. Will attempt to fire mine up for the first time tomorrow night. :weenie::snowing:

I've got a bona fide dusting on the ground now so keep the faith.

Light snow and 25.5 IMBY. Official first "dusting" of the season.

:thumbsup:

Thought ya'll would like to see!

Thank you for posting them :hug:

After standing outside with the flashlight and black construction paper, I didn't see a thing :lol: I'm happy some got a nice little surprise tonight :wub:

post-279-0-60559100-1325561674.png

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Down to 25.7 in my backyard with the wind really having died down. The sky is crystal clear with the moon out and either Venus or Mars right next to it. I see no clouds at all, and after looking at radar, it does appear that most of the returns are off to my SW. I didn't really expect to see any flakes anyway, but now that I'm hearing reports of all the flurry action outside of the mountains, I must say that I am a little jealous. Congrats to the snow rich! Hopefully, I'll see my first flakes in another week or two.

I still haven't seen a **** flake this season :angry: And it's smowing everywhere but MBY.... lol :violin: But congrats to all seeing snow! But it is cold 24

Hang in there and keep your flashlight handy. :weight_lift:

Temp here in Dahlonega GA has dropped from 25.5 at 10pm to 23.9 at 1036pm. Very nice arctic front.

Outer Banks will be an interesting place tomorrow afternoon. the GFS still inches closer to the coast with a rapid development, just brushes the outer banks. This will act to really develop the winds at the coast tomorrow, and keep strong cold advection at all levels of the atmosphere tomorrow afternoon. The flow shows a very tight trough in the east and if the 5h system were just a fraction further west it would really blow up much more..something to watch. Already see signs of a couple thickness contours closing off around The potamac or Ches. Bay area. Things like this can really change a forecast quickly, but I wouldn't expect a miracle or anything, just something to watch Tuesday. The cold is increasingly impressive there, as the low of Hatteras enhances cold advection over eastern Carolinas, and keeps all the Carolinas in the deep freeze through Wednesday morning.

They continue to impress me, I didn't think I would see any clouds this far south. :lol:

My floodlights went out so I'm not even bothering looking lol. But from what I've read all 4 sides of here have had a few flakes now...but thats how downslope snow goes here. You may see a few flakes yet.

Outer Banks will be an interesting place tomorrow afternoon. the GFS still inches closer to the coast with a rapid development, just brushes the outer banks. This will act to really develop the winds at the coast tomorrow, and keep strong cold advection at all levels of the atmosphere tomorrow afternoon. The flow shows a very tight trough in the east and if the 5h system were just a fraction further west it would really blow up much more..something to watch. Already see signs of a couple thickness contours closing off around The potamac or Ches. Bay area. Things like this can really change a forecast quickly, but I wouldn't expect a miracle or anything, just something to watch Tuesday. The cold is increasingly impressive there, as the low of Hatteras enhances cold advection over eastern Carolinas, and keeps all the Carolinas in the deep freeze through Wednesday morning.

interesting, was noticing the returns showing up offshore and wondering if this was related

interesting, was noticing the returns showing up offshore and wondering if this was related

yep, strong cyclonic flow developing and divergence with the 5h vort coming into Tenn/Ga should round the bend. it's def. worth watching but will probably end up a close miss (but still could be spots of snow). The ecm wasn't that far off a week ago (or more) the flow was just a little too progressive and fast. Had this been a little further west, I think it would have been a big hit for the coast (or even well inland, then ran up the east coast). In the big scheme, very close call!

Hang in there and keep your flashlight handy. :weight_lift:

Temp here in Dahlonega GA has dropped from 25.5 at 10pm to 23.9 at 1036pm. Very nice arctic front.

My temperature graph looks strikingly similar to yours. My temp has leveled off and even gone up a tiny bit. I'm expecting the tank any minute!

Current Weather Conditions at Grandfather Mountain (5,280 ft)

Temperature 4 °F

Relative Humidity 88 %

Pressure 826 mb

Wind Speed 29 G 48 mph Wind Direction 283 °

Max Wind Gust Past Hour 58 mph Wind Speed

(RM Young) 44 G 50 mph Wind Direction (RM Young) 296 ° Max Wind Gust (RM Young) 58 mph

Measurement Time: 01/02/12 11:03 (PM)

My temperature graph looks strikingly similar to yours. My temp has leveled off and even gone up a tiny bit. I'm expecting the tank any minute!

I'm at 23.8 which seems to be cooler than most places in GA except probably people just to my NE. Temp is still on the decline although the winds are not quite as intense at this moment.

Archived