joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 2 - 4 Disco/Obs

NavarreDon

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never got out of the 20's according to my weather station, but both KINT and KGSO hit 30. I don't think I can remember a day last year where the high failed to reach 30, or 31. I know we had our fair share of cold days but it seemed they always reached 32 or 33.

23 for a low last night. 35.4 at 2pm for a high.

What a cold shot this is. Never touched 32 (highest was 31.3). I sense the teens for tonight's lows this time instead of low 20s for some (was 21 here for the low) so only around a 10 degree warm up for today. :shiver:

My thermo showed 32.2 at one point, but basically 32 here as well. The GFS was very good with temps here, this is the third year in a row where its nailed the lee side and western piedmont temps within a degree, from 4 days out no less.

Shelby 32

Rutherfordton 32

Charlotte 35

Gastonia 34

Hickory 30

Asheville 26

Greensboro 33

Raleigh 35

Greer 37

My thermo showed 32.2 at one point, but basically 32 here as well. The GFS was very good with temps here, this is the third year in a row where its nailed the lee side and western piedmont temps within a degree, from 4 days out no less. Overall looks like most outlets went too high again. I find it interesting that forecast high temperatures have yet to be forecast too low anywhere around this area during a cold outbreak.

Shelby 32

Rutherfordton 32

Charlotte 35

Gastonia 34

Hickory 30

Asheville 26

Greensboro 33

Raleigh 35

Greer 37

31 in winston-salem today. You told me 30! Locals said 39 all the way up until Sunday then changed to 36 and then last night changed it to 34. You the man the Robert. Now you got the temps down pat get me some snow to plow!!!

What a cold shot this is. Never touched 32 (highest was 31.3). I sense the teens for tonight's lows this time instead of low 20s for some (was 21 here for the low) so only around a 10 degree warm up for today. :shiver:

I too never broke 32 (my highest was 31.4). I left the house around 4:15 (was at 24.3), so I'm not sure how much further it got down. The winds were really kicking when I left, so it actually felt like it was 10*. :shiver:

Not all the locals! See the map I posted yesterday morning....

31 in winston-salem today. You told me 30! Locals said 39 all the way up until Sunday then changed to 36 and then last night changed it to 34. You the man the Robert. Now you got the temps down pat get me some snow to plow!!!

No offense taken. Robert has done a fantastic job for sure!

your station is not local for me. Robert told me last Thursday it would be 30 for a high. I just thought very impressive. Your station is not on Direct tv. Nothing against you

I think Winston-Salem ended up maxing at 32 today at INT.

They must have been in full sunshine to get that reading. I was all around Winston today and never saw it above 30. Mainly saw 26-29 even at 330pm. I saw wxii say 31 was recorded at airport and 33 for greensboro airport. Either way it was cold working outside today. Wind cut right through you. A few different times it didn't blow it wasn't too bad.

Not too shabby. I checked and it does appear that gso got above the freezing mark and hit 33, not sure about int. How low do you think we'll go tonight, crack into the teens?

Maybe just. If I had to make a bet I would say yes. NWS Says 19.

Currently 23.5 at 10:15pm.

Archived