• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 2 - 4 Disco/Obs

NavarreDon

Just got my biggest surprise in a long time! I had stopped following the radar after 11 or so cause I thought most of the precip was gone. So I'm watching football and all of a sudden I see flashes of white streaking past the window. Much to my surprise a +SN band had popped up seemingly out of nowhere. I mean it was really coming down for a good 5-10 minutes. I've got a solid white covering on the car and a dusting on the deck. The best part? Its my birthday!! Birthday snow :snowing::snowing::snowman:

Pics in a bit...

Congrats Justin! That must have been pretty localized, you're lucky! Here in Marietta we got a couple spurts of some flurries but nothing like what you are describing. Happy Birthday!

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone. Had a low of 10 degrees. Currently it is 13 degrees. Had about 5 inches of snow this morning and we are currently getting on and off snow showers.

Just took a quick 4-wheeler trip around the property and averaged about 4 inches. One thing for sure is that it's brutally cold. Temps have come up to 8.8 after a low of 4. Wind chills are running between -5 to -10 on average. Still snowing lightly but it's that 30:1 type stuff.

Thought about going to shread Sugar up but think I'll wait until tomorrow. :snowing:

Congrats Guys! Are you gonna build a Snowman......maybe in your swim trunks? :lmao:

Just got my biggest surprise in a long time! I had stopped following the radar after 11 or so cause I thought most of the precip was gone. So I'm watching football and all of a sudden I see flashes of white streaking past the window. Much to my surprise a +SN band had popped up seemingly out of nowhere. I mean it was really coming down for a good 5-10 minutes. I've got a solid white covering on the car and a dusting on the deck. The best part? Its my birthday!! Birthday snow :snowing::snowing::snowman:

Pics in a bit...

Congrats on the birthday snow Justin! That is an awesome present :hug:

Happy birthday. I couldn't agree more with your sentiment!

(it's my birthday too)

Happy birthday Oldschool :hug:

Forecasted low was 25 but we only made it to 28. Currently it's 32 with a west wind of 16 gusting to 25 :)

Outside my office in Erwin TN. About 1/2 inch, side roads are pretty bad. In Johnson City you can hardly tell it even snowed last night.

I was wondering how much fell in town. I've yet to venture from my house today, just outside of Erwin. I have about 1.2" here, with flurries still...flurrying. The side roads haven't been touched, and until an hour ago or so, TN-395 was in pretty bad shape.

Don't you have a car sofa? Couldn't you just drive it up to the window? If not, well, there's a good idea for your decorator, lol. T

It's called her Cadillac and I don't think she's want me bringing it in the house. :D

I almost opened the blinds to see... although I was too lazy to do that too! :)

Wound up with a general 2-4 inches in this area overnight. I measured 1.5" @ midnight. Law enforcement reported 2.5" for Jonesville @ 8 a.m..

Note : Compaction, drifting and sublimation cut that in half by mid-morning. So, those that weren't up early didn't really see how much accumulated.

Here's a live cam from Wise showing alot still on ground there. You can see some drifting around the buildings.

http://www.mcs.uvawise.edu/webcam/

Archived