joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan. 2 - 4 Disco/Obs

NavarreDon

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

36 and dropping fast here in Emerson. Weve had some impressive gusts here today that gave me fits working in the yard. I had to mulch my winter garden but im not sure that will help much if we go below freezing for 36 hours or more. I just put the floodlights on for flurry watch 2012. Weve had snow flying twice this season from those ULLs but I cant let a flake fly without observing it.

Well, I've lurked here for the last 90 days waiting to comment when the flakes started flying. I'm 45 days later than I wanted to be, but the flakage on the radar is coming right down 52 to Winston. Lights on, lets see some action!!

FWIW, Foothills, your commentary has been phenominal to date. Keep up the good work!

It sure seems like we are going to do good on this. These NW flows are feast or famine here, but so far so good.

:thumbsup:

Flakes flying IMBY just north of Dahlonega GA. Temp is 31.8.

:thumbsup:

Send some south! I'm on flurry watch by the spotlight! 39o

Don't forget the black construction paper for verification purposes :snowing::P:lol::hug:

45 currently and the wind is steady at 13, gusting to 25 :weight_lift:

Snow continuing to fall here and 24 degrees. I think the very cold air is contributing to the very fast road problems.

Definitely a slippery night in WNC:(from the ACT)

A multiple-vehicle accident has shut down eastbound Interstate 40 in the Candler area, according to the N.C. Highway Patrol.

A dispatcher said at 6:50 p.m. that a tractor-trailer and several vehicles were involved in the wreck, which occurred just west of the weigh station in the eastbound lanes. The roadway in that area has become slick with snowfall.

Emergency service crews and Department of Transportation personnel were en route, the dispatcher said. Snow is making streets in Asheville and the surrounding area slippery

Snow continuing to fall here and 25 degrees. I think the very cold air is contributing to the very fast road problems.

Definitely a slippery night in WNC:(from the ACT)

A multiple-vehicle accident has shut down eastbound Interstate 40 in the Candler area, according to the N.C. Highway Patrol.

A dispatcher said at 6:50 p.m. that a tractor-trailer and several vehicles were involved in the wreck, which occurred just west of the weigh station in the eastbound lanes. The roadway in that area has become slick with snowfall.

Emergency service crews and Department of Transportation personnel were en route, the dispatcher said. Snow is making streets in Asheville and the surrounding area slippery

Not much going on up in Weaverville J. Some Snow on the roof & cars is about it. Sounds like Leicester, Candler area is doing well. Kinda strange as Flow Snow is usually made for us. I think the more W direction of the wind may be hurting us. Congrats to you though!

Archived