CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan. 2 - 4 Disco/Obs

NavarreDon

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, Foothills, your commentary has been phenominal to date. Keep up the good work!

Wow good call Foothills. Quick inch and still snowing hard here in Candler. Just dropped to 19.

thanks guys, and enjoy that. I'm itching to see some snow as well.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Don't forget the black construction paper for verification purposes :snowing::P:lol::hug:

45 currently and the wind is steady at 13, gusting to 25 :weight_lift:

:lmao:

Not much going on up in Weaverville J. Some Snow on the roof & cars is about it. Sounds like Leicester, Candler area is doing well. Kinda strange as Flow Snow is usually made for us. I think the more W direction of the wind may be hurting us. Congrats to you though!

Well, it's not the storm of the century, but it sure is causing problems. I have a 1/2 to 3/4 of inch or so thus far.

Not much going on up in Weaverville J. Some Snow on the roof & cars is about it. Sounds like Leicester, Candler area is doing well. Kinda strange as Flow Snow is usually made for us. I think the more W direction of the wind may be hurting us. Congrats to you though!

Same here Don. I think you're right, not a typical trajectory. I have about a half inch or so. Awful cold though. Just had a wind chill of -8.

Edit: Of course, as soon as I posted, a blinding squall is now coming through. This one is impressive. Radar doesn't look as good as I'd like but I'll take anything I can get.

Have a nice burst going now just North of Knoxville. Ground and neighborhood street covered. Cars moving much slower on TN-131 from what I can see. Too dark for a good photo, but I'll try if any neighbors turn on lights too.

Local media reports have I-40 closed between Cookeville and Crossville, TN due to ice.

Well, I've lurked here for the last 90 days waiting to comment when the flakes started flying. I'm 45 days later than I wanted to be, but the flakage on the radar is coming right down 52 to Winston. Lights on, lets see some action!!

FWIW, Foothills, your commentary has been phenominal to date. Keep up the good work!

Flakes are being reported in Walkertown. I'm in Kernersville right near East High but my parents live in W-town.

33 here now just had some snow flurries,, and man it was some big flakes just not too many :popcorn:

NWS Tonight: A chance of flurries before 10pm. Partly cloudy, with a low around 21. West wind between 15 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.

looks like what is left is just north of ATL

Flakes are being reported in Walkertown. I'm in Kernersville right near East High but my parents live in W-town.

I'll check now, but I'm 2 miles from Walkertown and unless there is a single cloud laying it down, I just don't see it. BRB.......

Nada.....nuttin' but stars. Could be a very localized event given these clouds that are rapidly drying up across the foothills.

I'll check now, but I'm 2 miles from Walkertown and unless there is a single cloud laying it down, I just don't see it. BRB.......

Nada.....nuttin' but stars. Could be a very localized event given these clouds that are rapidly drying up across the foothills.

I haven't seen anything but the leaves on the bushes moving. lol I'm seeing a few FB posts from people in Walkertown saying they see flakes. Maybe they are just seeing things cause radar isn't showing anything.

I also want to thank Robert for all he does in this forum. We are having off and on whiteout conditions. We have got about three inches and expecting three to five more overnite here in sw virginia. Robert you have been spot on. Thanks again for all you do.

ok, that rocks! Totally jealous. You may be the sweet spot for this event. Pics!

Same here Don. I think you're right, not a typical trajectory. I have about a half inch or so. Awful cold though. Just had a wind chill of -8.

Edit: Of course, as soon as I posted, a blinding squall is now coming through. This one is impressive. Radar doesn't look as good as I'd like but I'll take anything I can get.

Haha! We had a nice shower move thru and whiten the ground. Just took the dogs out & it is cold! No -8 here though. Hope you got your longjohns out Joe! 22.8 here with a very brisk wind. Btw when is the next meeting? ;)

Archived