• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
If you are guaranteed 8-10" of snow this winter

aldie 22

I'd say all at once. I was just in a part of the country for Christmas where it snowed on and off all day but never accumulated more than an inch. I actually found it sort of annoying. Plus, an official "inch" of snow can often appear to be much less in real life, especially when temps are marginal as they often are around here, even in the heart of winter.

I'd say all at once. I was just in a part of the country for Christmas where it snowed on and off all day but never accumulated more than an inch. I actually found it sort of annoying. Plus, an official "inch" of snow can often appear to be much less in real life, especially when temps are marginal as they often are around here, even in the heart of winter.

Yup

Give me a 6 inch storm followed by two 2 inch storms.

This is an easy one. Give me a 5-7" in mid jan with 2 weeks of cold to keep the snow on the ground. Follow that with a sledible 3" sometime in Feb.

After that, bring early spring so I can get an early start to the fishing season.

As long as we don't get deluges that make wading or kayaking the Upper Potomac a risky proposition. Though an early spring with good rains helps the garden to no end.

I want one cold, wintry period. A repeat of late January into February 1995 would be just fine with me- a 3-4" snow followed by a 6" one that lasts for awhile on the ground. If there's one last spare inch, I would like that to be in a snow-to-freezing rain storm so that the trees get glazed, like in late January '09.

Archived