• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
If it isn't going to snow, do you still want cold?

Fozz

163 members have voted

1. 1. Dry cold or torch?

• Yes, in the winter, I want it cold
    • No, I'd rather have a torch than deal with cold without it snowing

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I want it cold. Last year was much better. We didn't have much snow but at least it felt like December, getting hit in the face with single digit wind chills as I walked across the parking lot to work. This warm/wet pattern is like Christmas in California. I hate it.

Full disclosure: my apartment rent covers heat, but not air condtioning. So I will always be financially motivated to say cold is better.

I prefer cold, even if it is not snowing. This way, you can still do typical outside wintertime activities like skiing (on manmade snow) and skating on ponds and the C&O canal. Going for a run in 5°F is envigorating and a couple of good cold snaps do wonders for keeping the bug population down the following year.

One of my favorite parts of living in the MA is that we have 4 distinct seasons. Not perfect for summer/winter but I like it. I'll take the cold. Plus, I'm an ex career ski bum and I still like to take my family a couple times a winter. The ski resorts are HURTING really bad right now. I feel bad for them.

Absolutely want cold even if its not going to snow. I wait 8 months of the year to throw on a jacket and ENJOY some cold weather. If you don't like it move to a place I would never dream of going like Florida or California. 50s and 60s are the most god awful boring weather in existence!

Archived