• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December moving forward...pattern disco

weathafella

That's pretty telling right there... do you mind running BTV, MVL, and MPV for the same info? I'm curious how we fared up here over the "fall" season.

Here are the preliminary numbers...

BTV        MVL        MPV
----------------------------------------------
Nov Dep          +5.2       +5.4       +5.4
Fall Avg         52.5       50.1       50.1
Fall Dep         +3.6       +3.9       +4.0
Fall Rank          1          1          1

Fall           52.5-2011  50.1-2011  50.1-2011
Top 5          51.6-2001  48.4-2005  49.8-1975
Warmest        51.5-1982  48.2-1999  49.4-1961
Avg-Yr         51.4-1946  48.0-2001  48.9-2005
              51.4-2005  47.4-2007  48.3-2007

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not seeing this 1983 cold.

N plains will get some good cold no doubt, but nothing like '83.

I was being sarcastic, some are not being true about what JB is saying, the usual suspects..........he is saying near normal, I would imagine he is going below in the upper midwest where it makes sense.

It doesn't really matter what the actual NAO number is...if its from a north atlantic ridge trying to nose into SE Greenland or Iceland, it doesn't do much. It can help transport cold air a little further south but it serves as no block for storm systems.

The Davis Straight/Baffin Island region is home to the PV for the foreseeable future.

Raleigh nao indicator turns negative right at the end of the run. Actually almost does. More neutral.

Classic case of the hard-data showing a -NAO but the actual upper air pattern showing that it's very weak and/or moving quickly. Look at the heights near Greenland and the Davis Straight. Nope..

f240.gif

1322701161[/url]' post='1155693']

Classic case of the hard-data showing a -NAO but the actual upper air pattern showing that it's very weak and/or moving quickly. Look at the heights near Greenland and the Davis Straight. Nope..

Agreed but the indicator is for the end. Hour 384 and gfs not euro.

You can see ridging starting in eastern Greenland. But who cares, it's the gfs day 15.

Looks like a little upslope love for the Greens, Whites, and maybe even here in the Berks if this thing has enough oomph associated with it. Sometimes these WINDEX things can deliver a nice surprise around here.

Yep, I'll never forget the one Ginxxx pointed out to me the first Winter I was on the board. We got smoked and it wasn't well forecast.... except by Ginxxx.

Archived