joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December moving forward...pattern disco

weathafella

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It beats the op GFS though...but quite a wide margin but as Ryan said...not hard to do..

Yes the GFS was worse, but the Euro overall is still fairly lousy, IMHO. We'll see what the ensembles say, but I'm not expecting much different. They recently have seemed to want to break down the AK ridge quite fast...last night's ensembles actually brough us nearly full circle and had a trough and low heights back over AK by the end of the run.

Yes the GFS was worse, but the Euro overall is still fairly lousy, IMHO. We'll see what the ensembles say, but I'm not expecting much different. They recently have seemed to want to break down the AK ridge quite fast...last night's ensembles actually brough us nearly full circle and had a trough and low heights back over AK by the end of the run.

Say over and over again.....1993, 1993, 1993. After 12/28 if we're still dead ratter, say....it feels good outside...it feels good outside....

Well maybe the ECM is holding back too much energy next week ...closing off that low in TX.... If so maybe the front can sag a little further south and we get a gradient flow event that produces some snow on the nw flank. We only needed about another 50 miles here for some of that to be snow as the wave moves along to the south.

Even if we had a combo of the EC ensembles and GEFS..it would offer the chance of a SWFE or two since it doesn't mutilate the ridge like the EC does. I hope that's a bias, because the EC ensembles have been ugly the past few runs.

Weather Girl 22, on 30 November 2011 - 01:57 AM, said:

I'm liking the Euro at 168 hours and beyond for that front/storm. It's further south and trend is better . Not sure why all the complaining earlier. This looks optimistic to me

ORH_wxman said:

It has a chance, but the pattern overall still looks pretty cruddy...we'll have some chances, but it doesn't mean we have to like the pattern....we often have chances of snow with a crappy pattern because of our latitude...but its like playing craps against loaded dice. Maybe we fair better than NYC or PHL...maybe 40-45% vs 15-20%, but it still stinks.

From the other thread: I see what you mean, it's too mild at this point.. maybe NNE/CNE? and the day 10 threat is better at this juncture. . But that is way out there.

I'm waiting for Ensembles to come out and be posted as I can't see them.

Now the euro ensembles are keeping heights higher in AK again...at least through hr 240.

I think the waffling is due to the models struggling with Jerry's pattern change. Change begins 12/10, complete by 12/25. The low that just crashed into South Central AK will help shake things up. IMHO

All those deaths, burnings, and throwing selevs down the stairs over the GFS for nothing. Euro FTW

From here on out until the Euro ens straighten themselves out..let's roll with the GFS ens.

You've lost me here Kevin...

At least I have finals and tons of work to distract me from the torch for the next couple of weeks. After finals are done, it's game on!

I think the waffling is due to the models struggling with Jerry's pattern change. Change begins 12/10, complete by 12/25. The low that just crashed into South Central AK will help shake things up. IMHO

What you really want, is for AK to fry and have your long haired friend tell us how bad it is there. When that happens, we cash in.

What you really want, is for AK to fry and have your long haired friend tell us how bad it is there. When that happens, we cash in.

oh like this

WWAK81PAFC_AKZ101

-----------------

AKZ101-111-010100-

...MUCH WARMER WEATHER STILL ON ITS WAY...

A SECONDARY LOW IN THE WESTERN GULF OF ALASKA YESTERDAY STRENGTHENED

MORE THAN ANTICIPATED WHICH PUSHED THE MAJORITY OF THE WARM AIR TO

THE EAST OF ANCHORAGE. IT ALSO KEPT THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WEAKER OVER

THE ANCHORAGE AREA WHICH PREVENTED THE WARM CHINOOK WINDS FROM

DEVELOPING.

MORNING TEMPERATURES IN THE ANCHORAGE BOWL TODAY HAVE BEEN IN THE

UPPER TEENS TO LOWER 20S. TEMPERATURES RISE RAPIDLY WITH ELEVATION

AND ALSO ALONG TURNAGAIN WHERE TEMPERATURES HAVE RISEN ABOVE FREEZING

IN THESE AREAS.

IN SPITE OF THIS FIRST WARM PUSH NOT PACKING AS MUCH PUNCH...THE

STRONGER WARM UP IS STILL TO COME BY THE WEEKEND. A MIXED BAG OF

PRECIPITATION TYPES IS LIKELY THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY. THIS

INCLUDES THE POSSIBILITY OF FREEZING RAIN. THE STRONGEST PUSH OF WARM

AIR WILL ARRIVE IN FULL BY SATURDAY. THIS WILL BRING STRONG CHINOOK

WINDS WITH RAIN. THEREFORE LOOK FOR A WARM, WET, AND WINDY WEEKEND.

It's already changed up there. I always look at Fairbanks highs and lows. They've gone from -30 and lower to well abobe zero. So there has been a change up there

They'll always be changes for sure, but I mean more prolonged change...so much so that his friend complains that skiing sucks there.

oh like this

WWAK81PAFC_AKZ101

-----------------

AKZ101-111-010100-

...MUCH WARMER WEATHER STILL ON ITS WAY...

A SECONDARY LOW IN THE WESTERN GULF OF ALASKA YESTERDAY STRENGTHENED

MORE THAN ANTICIPATED WHICH PUSHED THE MAJORITY OF THE WARM AIR TO

THE EAST OF ANCHORAGE. IT ALSO KEPT THE PRESSURE GRADIENT WEAKER OVER

THE ANCHORAGE AREA WHICH PREVENTED THE WARM CHINOOK WINDS FROM

DEVELOPING.

MORNING TEMPERATURES IN THE ANCHORAGE BOWL TODAY HAVE BEEN IN THE

UPPER TEENS TO LOWER 20S. TEMPERATURES RISE RAPIDLY WITH ELEVATION

AND ALSO ALONG TURNAGAIN WHERE TEMPERATURES HAVE RISEN ABOVE FREEZING

IN THESE AREAS.

IN SPITE OF THIS FIRST WARM PUSH NOT PACKING AS MUCH PUNCH...THE

STRONGER WARM UP IS STILL TO COME BY THE WEEKEND. A MIXED BAG OF

PRECIPITATION TYPES IS LIKELY THURSDAY NIGHT INTO FRIDAY. THIS

INCLUDES THE POSSIBILITY OF FREEZING RAIN. THE STRONGEST PUSH OF WARM

AIR WILL ARRIVE IN FULL BY SATURDAY. THIS WILL BRING STRONG CHINOOK

WINDS WITH RAIN. THEREFORE LOOK FOR A WARM, WET, AND WINDY WEEKEND.

About 10 days to effect us here, Or is it transient....lol

Archived