joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December moving forward...pattern disco

weathafella

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was down in Cold Miser terriotry today in Brooklyn, CT on a sales call. I think i drove by his house. It was red and there were manicans of naked women with big boobs stationed around the yard.

Anyway..being away for a few hours was good. Allowed me to clear my head. When I just got back and read this thread I was struck with the strong feeling that I was reading a typical mid atlantic weather thread . It's like everyone was living and dying on the 12z GFS. LOL..we don't do that in good patterns..why in the hell are we doing it now? It's verification has been worse than Snownh's fathers post yesterday about Noyes being the best met in the world and his hero

This is SNE. Pick yourselves up off the ground, wipe the manure from your clothes and let's make the best that we can out of the next 10-15 days., There's some below normal cold shots coming in and there's the potential for at least of a couple accumulating snowfalls. Long range we have no control over. It doesn't look great currently..who knows if that changes as we get closer. It probably won't, but what goes up must come down..sort of like a weenie.

I learned that lesson many years ago and don't let things get to me. You need to enjoy what you have...wishing and stretching are not going to change it. I'd love some cold and snow as much as anyone else but I don't have it and can't make it happen. I know one thing....this has been a remarkable year for weather and years from now I can look back and think of highlights. I know I'm not going to focus this pattern that we're in.

Well said. I agree.

I was down in Cold Miser terriotry today in Brooklyn, CT on a sales call. I think i drove by his house. It was red and there were manicans of naked women with big boobs stationed around the yard.

Anyway..being away for a few hours was good. Allowed me to clear my head. When I just got back and read this thread I was struck with the strong feeling that I was reading a typical mid atlantic weather thread . It's like everyone was living and dying on the 12z GFS. LOL..we don't do that in good patterns..why in the hell are we doing it now? It's verification has been worse than Snownh's fathers post yesterday about Noyes being the best met in the world and his hero

This is SNE. Pick yourselves up off the ground, wipe the manure from your clothes and let's make the best that we can out of the next 10-15 days., There's some below normal cold shots coming in and there's the potential for at least of a couple accumulating snowfalls. Long range we have no control over. It doesn't look great currently..who knows if that changes as we get closer. It probably won't, but what goes up must come down..sort of like a weenie.

I think everyone is fine...it's just the long range doesn't look to hot. We'll have a chance or two, but it is what it is.

There is?

If we can start to see signs of some sustained blocking, I'll start to feel more comfortable. Right now we're heading in the wrong direction. Just ugly right now.

notice how the ensembles were doing fine until lately

HM spoke of the sun recently spiking and that we wouldn't see the AO drop until the effects wore off

assuming he's right (and I think those graphs prove that something extraordinary caused even the computers to miss the spike in the AO), then it will drop providing the sun doesn't recharge

Atta boy Jerry! Who better to start the thread than Ol' Man Winter himself? Why on earth anyone would want a perfect winter pattern to set up and lock in for 30-40 days in December and then turn to poop in early January, is beyond me. You guys live in SNE for God's sake, one mans 40 south misery is usually SNEs glory.

HBD in advance Jerry, by the way.

:snowman:

Atta boy Jerry! Who better to start the thread than Ol' Man Winter himself? Why on earth anyone would want a perfect winter pattern to set up and lock in for 30-40 days in December and then turn to poop in early January, is beyond me. You guys live in SNE for God's sake, one mans 40 south misery is usually SNEs glory.

HBD in advance Jerry, by the way.

:snowman:

Thanks John. Still waiting on a bday snow storm but on one hand it can stay on the bucket list and give me incentive to live longer....lol...

Correction in your logic. We have no control over ANY of this. laugh.gif

Archived