12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December moving forward...pattern disco

weathafella

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Preliminaries through today... I'll do a more detailed stats breakdown in a few days so we can include some co-ops too...

BDL   BDR   BOS   PVD   ORH
---------------------------------------
Nov Dep    +4.1  +4.3  +5.8  +4.0  +6.5
Fall Avg   56.3  58.9  58.5  57.1  54.5
Fall Dep   +3.6  +3.4  +3.9  +3.1  +3.7
Fall Rank    1     1     1     1     1

YES!!!

I got it, as expected back in September, its a dream come true, like winning an Oscar. Hopefully now it snows!

Another Pete? LOL,

Yes. We're like brothers. You know, Daryll and Daryll

Pete and Re-Pete.

I'll forego a toaster bath until it's a brown Christmas. If that happens, push the plunger.

We've had a brown Christmas here and there, The weather can turn on a dime. I think everyone is ahead on snowfall in NE despite the warmer than normal temps. It could be worse.

December 1990 keeps showing up in the analogs a lot recently for GEFS and GGEM ensembles. What a terrible month that was.

That was a tough month and a tough Winter. Only 9" in December here that year. If things go the '90-'91 route I'll be forced to leave NE for a few months.

The WINDEX checklist is marginal for Friday night...so we may see some snow showers with the passage of that vortmax.

The lapse rates are a bit marginal...but the LI spike is large and there is some low level moisture.

We'll want the more amped up shortwave solution like the Euro/UK versus the tamer GFS...this will help with the lapse rates. Given the marginal setup, we'll likely struggle to get more than flurries or a snow shower instead of a line of squalls. But in this horrifically boring pattern, its at least something to watch.

It's a pretty potent shortwave with some decent cold behind it...maybe that combined with this putrid, moist airmass ahead of it is enough.

I figured that time would be coming soon for him. He did quite a bit of stratospheric work back in the days when you took notes with a chisel into bedrock. I wonder who will take over doing dynamics.

Hard to say. If Plymouth has the financial resources to hire someone new, my guess is that a new tenure track prof would fill Dr. K's shoes. Hopefully that will be the case. If not, Aviles may take over. She's taught it for Dr. K twice before while he went on sabbatical.

It's a pretty potent shortwave with some decent cold behind it...maybe that combined with this putrid, moist airmass ahead of it is enough.

Looks like a little upslope love for the Greens, Whites, and maybe even here in the Berks if this thing has enough oomph associated with it. Sometimes these WINDEX things can deliver a nice surprise around here.

I love WINDEX events, such as they are

The one in Jan 2010(?) was great

This one looks pretty marginal,m but perhaps it will trend slightly better over the next couple days. A couple snow showers would be more exciting than nothing.

Jan 28, 2010 was an ideal setup...classic. There was a lot of thunder in that one. A lot more instability than this one.

This one looks pretty marginal,m but perhaps it will trend slightly better over the next couple days. A couple snow showers would be more exciting than nothing.

Jan 28, 2010 was an ideal setup...classic. There was a lot of thunder in that one. A lot more instability than this one.

Remember Feb '09? It was snow squall city. I had two squalls drop TSSN in one of those events.

Archived