12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
December moving forward...pattern disco

weathafella

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was doing well, but last night's guidance finally send me over the edge into miny meltdown status......it's been 11 months since anything that I would consider exciting has occured.

Even the crapper GEM ensembles offered something.

Pattern is not pleasant at all, but the stats Will pulled up and some of the subtle "hints" on the ensembles have been showing the chance for one or two wintry deals, possibly. They've been doing this for a while.

I still think this has a shot. It's not a huge shot by any means, but there's something there.

We need the first wave to move by dragging the front through then numero two smokes us.

Euro may bring it tonight.

Yeah maybe...I suppose if it digs deep enough, but I'm not really feeling it right now.

GFS still says that maybe north of the Pike has a shot of a flurry or SHSN Friday aftn.

Just seems like a series of waves along the front. Someone gets "lucky" they may be the recipient of a modest anafrontal snowfall. It could be me, or it could be you a day late with a different wave....

I still think this has a shot. It's not a huge shot by any means, but there's something there.

We need the first wave to move by dragging the front through then numero two smokes us.

Euro may bring it tonight.

Yeah maybe...I suppose if it digs deep enough, but I'm not really feeling it right now.

GFS still says that maybe north of the Pike has a shot of a flurry or SHSN Friday aftn.

I'm not sure on the evolution Scott...IE, I'm nowhere near that point just yet because it seems like the only idea we have right now is that the models want to develop something, and that there's a lot of upper energy rolling through. TBD is 1 wave that bombs and slows, or 2 waves.

I'm betting the Euro is interesting tonight.

If it bombs it's probably too far west for us.....

The modest multiple wave solution could at least off some snow chances.

I'm not sure on the evolution Scott...IE, I'm nowhere near that point just yet because it seems like the only idea we have right now is that the models want to develop something, and that there's a lot of upper energy rolling through. TBD is 1 wave that bombs and slows, or 2 waves.

I'm betting the Euro is interesting tonight.

Or more of a rinse and repeat of the 120-168 hour event.... By quirk of luck the latter event does have overunning snow at out latitude but subsequent runs might push that into Quebec. LOL

It had that '93-'94 look with the cold spread out and pressing down over the east for a time. It's the op run, so you know the drill. Anything goes beyond 180hrs.

GFS does have "our event" on 12/11...very typical gradient pattern type event.

SE ridge is flexing its muscles so we are walking a tight rope, but we have known that for a while here on this upcoming pattern.

Yeah it looks almost classic. Big trough in the west with a s/w ejecting out from the southwest and moving northeast.

I'm looking at that 150 plus hour period. . Which is more important, the 0C line at 850 MB or the 540 line at 500 MB as far as the rain/snow line?

I notice the 540 line at 500 MB is a tad more North than the 0C at 850 MB.

That is fairly typical in a gradient pattern...because you normally do not have a typical lapse rate in the mid-levels. 850mb can be like -3C and 750mb can be the same temp or even warmer in a gradient SW flow pattern....in a typical airmass, 750mb would be noticeably colder than 850mb...but because it isn't in that type of pattern, it raises the 1000-500mb thicknesses.

Yeah it looks almost classic. Big trough in the west with a s/w ejecting out from the southwest and moving northeast.

I did like the parade of high pressures moving north of us in Quebec. That is good for us in gradient patterns. We'll be walking a fine line, but as long as we don't see a big phasing system come out of the SW...we might cash in on one of these things.

Archived