joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 27 - Nov 30 Storm obs

NavarreDon

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.59" IMBY here in Dahlonega. The eastward progression of the back edge of the precip thru GA has really slowed down in the past hour as evidence that our ULL is really starting to crank.

Good thing too because i was starting to worry seeing that back edge moving so fast. Need the rain bad here.

As of now, I've only got 1.25 with rates around 0.25 to 0.50 an hour recently. As a side note though, ffc and jgx radars are over estimating totals a bit. FFC shows 2 inches here, as does jgx.

Even though it's slowed down though the end is not that far away it would seem. If I get to 2 inches, I'd be happy.

WeatherNC,

The line came through here about 45 minutes ago. I'd estimate 30mph winds for about a 2 minute period. Pretty heavy rain for 15 or so minutes. The temp has been steady all day at 63... with the passing of that line it's dropped down to 54 and continuing to fall...

Also, there appeared to be lots of rotation in the clouds and the cloud deck with the line was extremely low.

EDIT: 1.16 inches here so far.. temp down to 53 now

HWO for the area:

068 FLUS42 KGSP 282046HWOGSPHAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOKNATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE GREENVILLE-SPARTANBURG SC346 PM EST MON NOV 28 2011GAZ026-028-029-NCZ035>037-056-057-068>072-082-SCZ008>014-019-292100-FRANKLIN-HART-ELBERT-ALEXANDER-IREDELL-DAVIE-CATAWBA-ROWAN-CLEVELAND-LINCOLN-GASTON-MECKLENBURG-CABARRUS-UNION NC-CHEROKEE-YORK-ANDERSON-ABBEVILLE-LAURENS-UNION SC-CHESTER-GREENWOOD-346 PM EST MON NOV 28 2011

THIS HAZARDOUS WEATHER OUTLOOK IS FOR NORTHEAST GEORGIA...PIEDMONT NORTH CAROLINA...WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA AND UPSTATE SOUTH CAROLINA..DAY ONE...THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE IN THE FORECAST THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.IN ADDITION TO CLOUD TO GROUND LIGHTNING AND HEAVY RAINFALL...THESETHUNDERSTORMS COULD PRODUCE ISOLATED DAMAGING WINDS OR A BRIEF TORNADO.

Archived