CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Nov 27 - Nov 30 Storm obs

NavarreDon

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to 1.83 in Weaverville now. Temp has fallen from 57.2 at 5:00 to 43.7 currently. Wind direction is SE. & I see you Phil quit lurking & give us some thoughts!

Haha I don't have much time to provide thoughts these days, but those radar returns look mighty impressive in Mississippi right now. I'd say this is likely to be a rare instance where the the WSW facing slopes will do better than NW facing slopes. This is unfortunately difficult to get good bands right over the valley regions given the orientation of the banding, but I'd still expect quite a few convective snow showers across the region, even outside of the higher elevations as the cold pool moves overhead.

1.80 inches was my total.

It's been clear here virtually all night and still is and it's now 32.7. In fact there is a solid sheet of ice now covering the vehicles (some from the rain, some frost). Although I figured we'd see a period of clear skies based on the model soundings, I didn't expect it to be clear virtually all night allowing temps to get this cold. Of course it won't matter unless it clouds up quick before sunrise but even then it probably won't be much of a factor.

But it's interesting none the less, especially considering it's warmer to the west due to the cloud cover and even at surrounding sites. Closest meso sites showing temps around 35. But it was 35 here around 5am but within the last half hour or so, there is actually some fog out there which I guess has helped bottom out the temp.

Hey man do you have this radar angle on your website by chance?

Here it is. I just started the loop so it will take a little while to build up enough images to loop. Just keep refreshing. It might take 20 minutes or so.

http://www.daculaweather.com/grlevel3/al-state_huntsville_htx_br248.php

Here it is. I just started the loop so it will take a little while to build up enough images to loop. Just keep refreshing. It might take 20 minutes or so.

http://www.daculawea...e_htx_br248.php

Awesome man Thanks! Your site is pretty good btw!

Rain/Sleet mix here in Dalton heavier precip (Showing mix to the SW still about to move in) Snow now being reported just NW of here now though in that band in Ringgold,GA

Archived