• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 27 - Nov 30 Storm obs

NavarreDon

Thanks everyone! I just wish it would have snowed that hard for longer than 2 min. LOL. Too bad most of you upstream are just going to get rain.:thumbsdown::gun_bandana:

Personally I don't like ULL for snow as too many people get shafted (I was all rain in March of 2009) and the boundary layer is almost always an issue. Maybe if I "cash in" on an ULL snow I will feel differently.

But with this situation anyone who does see any flakes outside of the mountains should feel lucky as it's not often to get snow on the south side of a ULL around these parts.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Localyokel:

Very light flurries here at SCC, I have my doubts about any accumulations because the ground has been so warm, but we can hope!

-b

Buddy,

Yea, we called for a dusting at best so that fits. I am seeing pics of a half inch accumulation in Cashiers and Highlands. Looking right on par for them to get an inch or two. Also, hearing above 3k ft in Maggie its starting to pile up; 2". Check out our Facebook page to follow us in Jackson...

all rain this morning. looked like maybe a wet flake once or twice, but it was so hard to tell i dont count it lol. its cold and wet, just not cold and white :(

edited: i spoke too soon lol. getting a bit heavier precip and it is going between rain and snow. so i did finally see some snow flakes

Saw nothing but rain in the valley this morning, so I drove up Lookout Mountain. There is about 1-1.5 inches of accumulation above 2000 ft., but not on the ground. Even at that elevation the ground was too warm, and the snow really only stuck to roofs, trees, cars, etc. Temp up there was 34 degrees. It was 40 downtown.

looks like the magic number from people who drove was about 2000 to see snow and/or get a dusting. i am about motos elevation (at home not work) and apparently we just missed by a couple hundred feet :angry: hopefully we will have other chances this year :devilsmiley:

its stopped again, so i guess we had what, 90 second snow shower lol

Archived