• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nov 27 - Nov 30 Storm obs

NavarreDon

I just had a report from someone I know that in downtown Atlanta where they were reporting big fat snowflakes... Snowman.gif

Was this from our old friend in Virginia Highlands? He was always 15 degrees colder than everyone else. If I remember his two favorite people were Glenn Burns and Isopycnic.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed. I'm only up to 0.70" so far...arrowheadsmiley.png

Meh...

all the models didn't really have any of the main rain getting to our areas until this afternoon/evening. I know the radar looks like it's well ahead of the models in timing, but hopefully it'll fill in/ stall out for a while today. I'm already up to .79. Of course, the back edge could come through a lot faster than what the models have been showing.

1.32" so far IMBY here in Dahlonega. It's been mostly steady light rain with just a few short bursts of heavier rates.

I've got my VP2 setup to log data every 10 minutes.

Heaviest 10min rain periods:

.11" - once

.06" - once

.04" - 3 periods

The rest are .03" per 10 minute period or less. I was really hoping for some heavy rain.

I keep monthly records http://www.daculawea...hly_records.php My max was back on the 16th when it rained .165" per minute. My yearly record is .299" per minute back in June. http://www.daculawea...rly_records.php

I was referencing how much actually fell in a 10 minute period, not the highest rain rate. My rain rate has exceed 1" per hour rates briefly but not long enough to drop more than .11" in a 10 minute period.

1.32" so far IMBY here in Dahlonega. It's been mostly steady light rain with just a few short bursts of heavier rates.

I've got my VP2 setup to log data every 10 minutes.

Heaviest 10min rain periods:

.11" - once

.06" - once

.04" - 3 periods

The rest are .03" per 10 minute period or less. I was really hoping for some heavy rain.

Well, dang, now I don't feel so bad for you. I'm just now at the 1/2" mark :) I better make up for this in snow, or I'll be turning into Cheez, lol. T

More twd Asheville on the French Broad. Getting reports of substantial flooding and straight line winds out of Cashiers, NC. These reports are coming from my viewers so take it with a chunk of salt as a heavy t storm can be a tornado in their eyes, lol.

The wind is really picking up but I doubt anything stronger than 30mph gusts, possibly a 35 here and there. I don't have a rain gauge at my business in Cashiers, but in Glenville we've reached the 4" mark.

This is an OBS thread for the current storm.

Agreed, please keep it to real-time obs/reports for the ULL... Macro-type disco applying to the SE as a whole, storm disco thread. Past obs report about something that happened several days ago, Nov disco thread. I have not had a lot of time to be on today, but just going back over the past couple pages in both this and the main disco thread, there are some sub-par posts which add little if any substance. Please add or ask something meaningful folks, lets not turn this into a rambling disco containing random wx facts. Topics being discussed are clearly stated, please make you post in the right thread, and banter is open for almost everything else. :)

Update: If you see your post(s) gone, don't panic, just taking out some trash to neaten things up ;)

Archived