EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part IV

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man these UK/Euro models are really seeing something. Even though it looks extreme, I suppose we have to wait until tomorrow aftn to see if it has a clue...even if it is a little extreme.

They keep bending the storm back to the left after it passes SE VA and Delmarva. Its hard to actually believe that idea, but its been pretty consistent doing it so it makes you wonder.

Lol, Ukie tracks it though PHL and then NJ.

Will, have you ever seen this kind of consistency between the models? I looked at the last 24 hrs of model runs and they basically wobble from 5 miles east of me to 5 miles west of me lol.

GFS actually shows it veering east of the forcast over NC and then cutting back west and meeting up with the forecast around western Long Island then, going a little west of it. H5 low actually goes west of Mount Washington, who will see the highest wind gust out of this, pardon my Cape Cod forecast.

Man these UK/Euro models are really seeing something. Even though it looks extreme, I suppose we have to wait until tomorrow aftn to see if it has a clue...even if it is a little extreme.

If the Euro/Ukie both lay an egg here, especially when they have stubbornly clung to an inland track, is there an internal process those models will go through to ascertain why they failed so badly? Let's say the track is over c/e LI. To me that would be an epic fail. For either of them to correct east now doesn't absolve the error factor up to this point.

They keep bending the storm back to the left after it passes SE VA and Delmarva. Its hard to actually believe that idea, but its been pretty consistent doing it so it makes you wonder.

I also still tend to think that the GFS makes the most sense, and I'm not saying that just because it puts my house in the right front quadrant. I really don't think this trough is going to be strong enough to have it tug NNW for that long of a time. It's certainly anomalous, yeah, but I just don't see it doing that.

I also still tend to think that the GFS makes the most sense, and I'm not saying that just because it puts my house in the right front quadrant. I really don't think this trough is going to be strong enough to have it tug NNW for that long of a time. It's certainly anomalous, yeah, but I just don't see it doing that.

I guess we'll experience some ear popping low pressure lol.

Hey Coastal, not just Ukie/Euro... 0Z NAM seems to be drawn to this too... scraping coast of NJ, landfall western LI, and then a lesser right hook than before.

As I posted above, could this have something to do with models catching on to timing of trough amplifying some more?

I agree, Euro tnite will be very interesting...

Archived