Newest Member
    joxey
Hurricane Irene - Discussion Part IV

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Previous discussion.

Been out of the loop for the past 12-14h. Looks like everything is still in line for a direct hit on LI up into CT. Preparations should be made around the yard to put things away that may cause damage and/or blow away. Make sure you have all the necessities you need to live for a few days without power. If your in coastal areas know your evacuation routes in case of flooding.

And best of all, ENJOY the storm as best you can. This looks like a storm we haven't seen in some time.

:tomato:

My juju works, even in summer.:gun:

do you have elevation there?

If I had some elevation I'd probably want the wind...if i were in a valley...just give me a foot of rain.

My elevation is at 533.. I'm in NE MHT so fad from river.. what's weird here is that there is the possibility of both happening

These are my hurricane discussion threads. If you don't like em. SCREW!

We all know that the admins don't like threads going much beyond 1000 posts around here due to server load.

I thought it was because it's impossible to trace previous posts from past discussions when there are 5,000 posts over 3 days.

These are my hurricane discussion threads. If you don't like em. SCREW!

We all know that the admins don't like threads going much beyond 1000 posts around here due to server load.

Wrong side of the bed today?laugh.gif

Anyway, looks like heavy damage for our area for sure. Yes, I'm prepared.

Wrong side of the bed today?laugh.gif

Anyway, looks like heavy damage for our area for sure. Yes, I'm prepared.

Nah. I just logged on and saw 47 pages of my Discussion III and immediately started a new one. I did not even see Tippy's.

I'll be hitting the store tonight for a few items and clearing up the yard tomorrow morning.

according to the HDOB...there's very little evidence of a real eyewall...the wind field is immense and rather diffuse. I don't think it will be able to strengthen.

That's arguably better for a more widespread wind damages threat up here right?

Archived