Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure. I'm just hesitant to jump to conclusions about a large powerful (i.e. >EF3) tornado absent any evidence to support it. There's no need to rush to make declarations about what this event was or wasn't. We'll find out soon enough.

I hear ya. Any exact EF rating is just speculation but given the pronounced debris ball and initial reports, I think there's enough evidence pointing toward at least 1 and possibly multiple strong tornadoes. Of course there's a big difference between EF2/EF3 and EF4.

O.CON.KBOX.TO.W.0009.000000T0000Z-110602T0000Z/

WORCESTER MA-

731 PM EDT WED JUN 1 2011

...A TORNADO WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 800 PM EDT FOR

SOUTHEASTERN WORCESTER COUNTY...

AT 725 PM EDT...TRAINED WEATHER SPOTTERS REPORTED A TORNADO NEAR

STURBRIDGE AT ROUTE 49A. THIS TORNADO IS NOW LOCATED NEAR

OXFORD...OR 10 MILES SOUTH OF WORCESTER...MOVING EAST AT 30 MPH.

That's the tor Mary Saladna described.

Spoke with my parents about 1.5 hours ago. They live in the East Forest Park section of Springfield. They said that they had debris (boards plus nails) in their driveway but not from their house. The side streets had trees and tree branches in the roads. Traffic at times was very slow on their road.

The South End of Springfield looks like a war zone. My office building is about 50 yards from the Red Rose Restaurant and the Howard St Armory both of which contained considerable damage. There is much structural damage on the path of the storm is it moved in a southeasterly direction through the city.

Archived