joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bingo. The reports are all subjective and adjectives-based-- I'm curious to know what actually happened!

there are certainly plenty of confirmed reports of substantial structural damage...tomorrow will obviously reveal a lot more.

i think the storm moving through downtown springfield initially stole some of the thunder, pardon the horrific pun, and pushed a lot of media resources that way...when in reality the strongest part of this thing was almost certainly east of there in a much smaller community by comparison.

Ryan is in Monson:

@ryanhanrahan Ryan Hanrahan Indescribable damage in monson. Houses completely leveled. Looks like ef3 damage.

Yeah, he seems pretty impressed by it.

there are certainly plenty of confirmed reports of substantial structural damage...tomorrow will obviously reveal a lot more.

i think the storm moving through downtown springfield initially stole some of the thunder, pardon the horrific pun, and pushed a lot of media resources that way...when in reality the strongest part of this thing was almost certainly east of there in a much smaller community by comparison.

Makes sense.

We've been sitting outside on the screen porch watching in awe the wild colors tonight. Really trippy.

Earlier today right before the tornado popped I was watching the Palmer School in Adams time lapse, just beautiful, nice shot of a Midwest style supercell from a high hill.

Monson is a mess walked through easy ef2 damage near town hall just north of there several whole neighborhoods are leveled. Looks like ef3 damage probably 40+ houses destroyed just in center of town. Taking shelter with displaced people in an old pitch dark church now.

Glad you are ok Scoob. We're trying to get in touch with my sister in law in W.Springfield, seems like the phones are out.

Thanks, Cell Phone and even some landline service has been spotty. The storm came right through the heart of the city from the northwest and continued on into the more residential areas, Likely an F2 but that is just an amateur's guess.

Having spent my first 30 years living in Springfield, I never thought I'd see an event like this. Usually the good stuff is in the Berkshires, or central MA... not in the CT River valley.

I finally got through to my mom a little while ago. She lives in the Pine Point section. No damage there; in fact, she wasn't even aware of what was going on until relatives from CA and NC called to check on her. :lol:

My friend's house in East Forest Park took a direct hit. They lost most of their windows, and there are trees down everywhere (this was on Plumtree Rd., for anyone familiar with the area).

My parents are also on Plumtree Rd. (not too far from Holy Cross Church) but luckily didn't have any direct damage. I've also heard that Cathedral High had windows damaged but all students were safe. Glad your Mom is safe!

Monson is a mess walked through easy ef2 damage near town hall just north of there several whole neighborhoods are leveled. Looks like ef3 damage probably 40+ houses destroyed just in center of town. Taking shelter with displaced people in an old pitch dark church now.

getting crushed by hvy rain/lightning again?

I have lots of family in Springfield and chicopee. All are safe and only had hail and heavy rain. I was just up there in April during the big outbreak on the 27th and they all thought I was crazy for paying so much attention to tornadoes. They said they never really get any and its just not something they worry about. Hopefully this event will wake everyone up again and make people pay more attention.

Yea did not want to post unverified info but tweeted you earlier about it, looked like the debris ball really spun up after hitting Monson, man.

Archived