joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHY DIDN'T I CALL OUT? WTF IS WRONG WITH ME?

Seeing all these pics and such I WOULD HAVE BEEN THERE.

I just don't know what the hell is wrong with me.

There will be other days... thats all you got to say. You did the correct mature thing and didnt bail, you should be tellinh yourself how mature you are.

There will be other days... thats all you got to say. You did the correct mature thing and didnt bail, you should be tellinh yourself how mature you are.

meh, I've always tried to be that way but where the hell has it gotten me? Nowhere. I passed up what should have been the best day of my life for something else that I love doing as well. I just don't know how to think...I've loved weather much longer than baseball so I feel as if I should have chosen the weather.

This just sucks...I just really can't put my emotions fully into words.

It's easy to joke about how rare this is and how it won't happen for another 30 years, but just think back to Feb 2010 in the ma.....they thought they wouldn't see another HECS for years and years, but lo and behoold....5 days later....boom...even bigger.

The pattern is still favorable so you never know.....

meh, I've always tried to be that way but where the hell has it gotten me? Nowhere. I passed up what should have been the best day of my life for something else that I love doing as well. I just don't know how to think...I've loved weather much longer than baseball so I feel as if I should have chosen the weather.

Paul, all ball busting aside....harboring bitterness will get you nowhere....just let it go.

This is applicable to love and all aspects of life.

You had an obligation to the game and you met it like a mature adult. I missed out on seeing springfield because I am dead broke and could not afford to drive any further west, it frustrates me but there are some things you make hard decisions about. Its something you had to do.

Lets put it this way: this chase day never existed for you, it never occurred or was going to occur, you had somewhere to be and you did your job as required.

It's easy to joke about how rare this is and how it won't happen for another 30 years, but just think back to Feb 2010 in the ma.....they thought they wouldn't see another HECS for years and years, but lo and behoold....5 days later....boom...even bigger.

There was never going to be another tuscaloosa and then there was joplin a week later

You had an obligation to the game and you met it like a mature adult. I missed out on seeing springfield because I am dead broke and could not afford to drive any further west, it frustrates me but there are some things you make hard decisions about. Its something you had to do.

Lets put it this way: this chase day never existed for you, it never occurred or was going to occur, you had somewhere to be and you did your job as required.

Just take solace in the fact that you did the right thing and continue to amass good karma....good things eventually happen to good people; watch, he'll lose his V at the conference....

Paul, all ball busting aside....harboring bitterness will get you nowhere....just let it go.

I know...it just sucks though, just waiting for something like this for so many years...and I had a feeling today could be big...but then again how many times have I said that in my years of posting and nothing happened?

The part that just pisses me off most is I would have gone to BDL to at least start the event and once I would have seen those cells develop I would have went north. I had the right idea (for once)...it just sucks.

You're not looking at the big picture, friend. There's plenty of opportunities throughout the middle of this country where you can view tornadoes totally unobstructed. In fact, I know a lot of posters from the deep south don't go chasing in their backyards because of all the obstruction from trees, elevation, etc. and will actually drive out to Oklahoma/Kansas/etc. to get much, MUCH better views.

Face it, New England just isn't cut out for tornado chasing, strictly from elevated terrain, twisty windy roads, and trees. One day you'll get to go out to the plains and see large tornadoes, with the added bonus of not having to worry so much about large population centers being in harm's way.

I know...it just sucks though, just waiting for something like this for so many years...and I had a feeling today could be big...but then again how many times have I said that in my years of posting and nothing happened?

The part that just pisses me off most is I would have gone to BDL to at least start the event and once I would have seen those cells develop I would have went north. I had the right idea (for once)...it just sucks.

You're a good guy and always do the right thing...right....well how in the hell do you know....maybe you were rewarded.

Things happen for a reason and maybe you would have been killed had you ventured into that....it just wasn't meant to be.

You're not looking at the big picture, friend. There's plenty of opportunities throughout the middle of this country where you can view tornadoes totally unobstructed. In fact, I know a lot of posters from the deep south don't go chasing in their backyards because of all the obstruction from trees, elevation, etc. and will actually drive out to Oklahoma/Kansas/etc. to get much, MUCH better views.

Face it, New England just isn't cut out for tornado chasing, strictly from elevated terrain, twisty windy roads, and trees. One day you'll get to go out to the plains and see large tornadoes, with the added bonus of not having to worry so much about large population centers being in harm's way.

Trust me, I know this but the issue is getting out west, it would just cost so much money and the money that it would cost for me to do this could pay off my loans to get back to school. I know people will say I spend/waste money on gas with my friend chasing here but that's really just a small amount of money compared to the cost of going west/paying off my loans.

Perhaps next spring I can get out west...I don't even care if I have to sleep in a car or eat dollar menu 3-5 times a day for a week or so. AS long as I have money to help cover gas I don't care about anything else.

You're a good guy and always do the right thing...right....well how in the hell do you know....maybe you were rewarded.

Things happen for a reason and maybe you would have been killed had you ventured into that....it just wasn't meant to be.

LOL I'm sorry wiz I just laughed out loud at the thought of that happening. It would be so ironic

we havent had anything really good since then either.. not counting april 27-28 as we were in the no one talked about zone even tho we got action of sorts. on a side note new england might win per capita video phone awards. everyone loves tornadoes. :wub:

I really have thought about what could have happened had we went through and everything and honestly I think I would have been prepared for whatever happened.

Who knows...we really could have been stuck on that bridge and that could have been a disaster.

I know you have to think safety first...and once I have the chance to settle down and clear my head I'll realize this.

I really hate to be so emotional about this but this is really so stressfully emotional I just need to get it out.

Trust me, I know this but the issue is getting out west, it would just cost so much money and the money that it would cost for me to do this could pay off my loans to get back to school. I know people will say I spend/waste money on gas with my friend chasing here but that's really just a small amount of money compared to the cost of going west/paying off my loans.

Perhaps next spring I can get out west...I don't even care if I have to sleep in a car or eat dollar menu 3-5 times a day for a week or so. AS long as I have money to help cover gas I don't care about anything else.

there is almost no way you would have positioned yourself correctly on that cell imo. let it go... the plains is cheap--probably the cheapest vacation you can do. see if you can convince your family to have a 2 week reunion out there in may.

PP fail will be the death of them if they are to lose....they usually respond...we'll see.

Everyone at the bruins party here in the hood had a boner over the 5 on 3. We had lots of low quality shots from the point.....our power play is all vertical no horizontal. You don't score goals often from the point in the Cup. You score horizontally like the Canucks did. Our power play is attrocious.

Worse is Boychuk, who is a defensive liability. He got beat twice in the same play - really three times. He's our worst and most exploited player on defense and it's clear they know he's a weakness.

Hope you are feeling well Ray and safe.

there is almost no way you would have positioned yourself correctly on that cell imo. let it go... the plains is cheap--probably the cheapest vacation you can do. see if you can convince your family to have a 2 week reunion out there in may.

If I go out there it will be with friends...my family blows...with the exception of a few people. Nothing but a bunch of drug abusing bums for the most part.

I do remember looking at bus fare to OKC and with advanced purchase round trip is only like $225 or so.

When was the last big Tornado in the northeast? I remember seeing the Mechanicsville-Stillwater tornado just north of Albany in 1998... that was F3 and the damage was incredible. Was that the last F3 or larger for this area?

Not seeing anyone has replied to this. Don't know if there's been an F3 or greater since in New England or NY. The 7/24/2008 long-track tornado starting in Deerfield NH was EF-2 per http://www.aos.wisc....ter_Straus.pdf. Going back before 1998, some Google hits say Great Barrington MA 5/29/95 was F4 but this seeming authoritative documentation says F3: http://journals.amet...0.1175/WAF957.1

This.

Dude, I missed Doc Halladay's perfect game last year in Miami simply b/c I forgot he was pitching. I was 20 minutes away doing god knows what. But whatever it was, it wasn't important. LOL.

**** happens. Laugh at it and chalk it up to a learning experience.

This.

Dude, I missed Doc Halladay's perfect game last year in Miami simply b/c I forgot he was pitching. I was 20 minutes away doing god knows what. But whatever it was, it wasn't important. LOL.

**** happens. Laugh at it and chalk it up to a learning experience.

Yeah but something like today is much more rare than a perfect game and I just felt so confident about today, how everything was coming together...I know we've had threats in the past but there was always something wrong and it got overlooked...today had EVERYTHING. Who knows when that will happen again.

Sure we could see more potent events over the next few weeks but for something like today to occur again?

Yeah but something like today is much more rare than a perfect game and I just felt so confident about today, how everything was coming together...I know we've had threats in the past but there was always something wrong and it got overlooked...today had EVERYTHING. Who knows when that will happen again.

Sure we could see more potent events over the next few weeks but for something like today to occur again?

Well that's what I mean. It's a learning experience. You are young. As you get older you will be able to travel wherever you want to see these weather events.

Archived