joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being north of the city on a hill it was pretty amazing to see the light show...not sure I have seen lightening like that before...

The lightning reminded me of those light shows I would see in Texas. The atmosphere was definitely in that type of state tonight.

That video of the Ct River being sucked up into the circulation is on every local and national news site and pretty much every forum has a link to it.

That's an amazing shot...I couldn't believe that when I saw it. I figured cars were getting tossed into the river.

I hope that kid "Monsonwx", who used to post on Eastern, is ok.

wunderground tweeted out a live cam called monsonwx on their site after the first round, with power no damage -- not sure that's him but could be?

Not to troll or anything... but raise your hand if you didn't even see lightning today..

I have a feeling of boxing day storm right now... kinda sucks..

Best severe weather event we'll ever see in NE and I didn't even see lightning lol

I am now convinced that SNH is in a real weather drought... Dom probably feels the same way.

EDIT:

Ray.. you don't feel blessed... With Extreme weather comes destruction... Extreme weather is why we are all on our laptops during the bruins game...

you're lying that you feel blessed..

Not to troll or anything... but raise your hand if you didn't even see lightning today..

Best severe weather event we'll ever see in NE and I didn't even see lightning lol

I am now convinced that SNH is in a real weather drought... Dom probably feels the same way.

I was under a tornado warning and saw distant rotation...so not really lol.

just got home from 3 separate chases in the Sturbridge/Brimfield/Springfield area.

Sturbridge on I84 was a mess - I missed the tornado by about 60 seconds. When I got there there was a car rolled over in the median, a large company truck pelted with debris and a lot of large trees were sheered off about half way up. A large highway sign lay mangled on 84 westbound and the air smelled heavily of pine and earth. I got off 84 going 20 West towards Brimfield and Palmer and decided to go back home in case my husband got home early and wanted to chase with me. Got home and found out that right after I went through Brimfield either a tornado or a microburst went through the area. Husband came home and told him about the damage in Springfield and how getting around 32 in Monson was impossible since a tornado touched down on Main Street toppling over the steeple on the church and apparently destroying 6-7 houses. We went back out to see if we couldn't get up to Springfield as another batch of storms was approaching the area. I91N was a parking lot - lots of damage to homes, billboards and buildings. We ended up going up towards Ludlow and chased the storm through the back side of Brimfield. Caught 84W and came home but heard on the radio a campground in Brimfield had at least one fatality.

As much as I love severe weather the idea of people losing their lives and having their property destroyed is not what I wish to see at all. I hope everyone here from the affected areas are okay.

I'm feeling quite fortunate that the storm stayed south of the Pike or I would have been toast. I caught a few glimpses of the clouds looking southward around Wilbraham once the rain/hail had stopped and that sky was really ugly. I started to really step on the gas at that point...wanted no part of that stuff.

I feel blessed.

I heard that Southbridge got nailed pretty bad...someone here posted that streets were closed and quite a bit of damage, so I nixed the idea of going up to look (it's about a 10 min. drive). I did go to Dudley, the next town over - there was no signs of anything happening there.

That was me, I tried every back road to get where the damage is but they had all roads blocked off, Im going to try in the morning.

We've seen it in the models for quite some time now and if anything, they have converged a bit more. Possible "outbreak"?

Looks like a strong ML punch, favorable lapse rates- should be at least modest instability. There will probably still be issues, however it is almost a slam-dunk for some decent storms, timing and location aside - and possibly something even more interesting than "decent".

Nicely done

Wiz is going to move to Seattle so he's not tantalized any more...

well on the bright side it would have been hard to get on anyway most likely. the fact that everyone has a video cam in their phone makes it seems like it's easy if you're trying.. did any of the sne chasers actually get the torn or just damage?

Archived