joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well on the bright side it would have been hard to get on anyway most likely. the fact that everyone has a video cam in their phone makes it seems like it's easy if you're trying.. did any of the sne chasers actually get the torn or just damage?

I don't think anyone got pictures...or good ones at least of it. It formed very rapidly near Westfield and by the time a couple people were up there it was racing east. It was moving pretty quickly and formed quickly. It looked like the storm to the north was the better storm to chase until all of the sudden that one formed the couplet very quickly. If there had been a road from west-central MA to travel SE to Sturbridge area to get ahead of it, then it could have been plausible, but otherwise it was just a tough storm to chase...and probably quite unsafe anyway as by the time it was out near Sturbridge, it had a pretty nasty hailshaft to its east, so you had to be south of the storm to probably get a visual.

I absolutely hate myself...I am really going to try and refrain from posting b/c there is no way in hell I will be able to keep my emotions in check...I'll let my emotions out other places. I'm just too freaking weird...that's the issue...I really wanted to say I couldn't make it but I'd feel bad. it just sucks.

I did get to watch that stuff coming in from Litchfield county though after 7...GREAT structure.

Other than this would a complete fail...been waiting for this day since 5/31/98...my ONE chance and that ONE opportunity and I blew it. Just fooking stupid.

I absolutely hate myself...I am really going to try and refrain from posting b/c there is no way in hell I will be able to keep my emotions in check...I'll let my emotions out other places. I'm just too freaking weird...that's the issue...I really wanted to say I couldn't make it but I'd feel bad. it just sucks.

I did get to watch that stuff coming in from Litchfield county though after 7...GREAT structure.

Other than this would a complete fail...been waiting for this day since 5/31/98...my ONE chance and that ONE opportunity and I blew it. Just fooking stupid.

:( I'm sorry Paul.

You are a good kid and add a lot. You have 100 pages of posts to read through. Start at the beginning.

Well, you certainly pointed out the favorable things this morning... I didn't understand many of them. CT was spared most of it.

I just don't know why I told them I couldn't make it...it's not like anything would have happened to me...it's just I like to be a dependable person and I hate calling out of something. I already missed two games this year, one for a Bruins game and one b/c of work...which I actually could have called out of work b/c my boss knows how much I like to do the baseball stuff. I've only missed 3 games in the 6 years I've been involved with the team.

I never really put what I want first, I always do what I think is the best for other people and what works for them and that screwed me here.

I just don't know why I told them I couldn't make it...it's not like anything would have happened to me...it's just I like to be a dependable person and I hate calling out of something. I already missed two games this year, one for a Bruins game and one b/c of work...which I actually could have called out of work b/c my boss knows how much I like to do the baseball stuff. I've only missed 3 games in the 6 years I've been involved with the team.

I never really put what I want first, I always do what I think is the best for other people and what works for them and that screwed me here.

Sorry Paul. :( You did the right thing though... and there'll be more events - believe in it! Or go to the Plains and storm chase and all the MA events will seem like nothing in comparison...

Do not kill yourself Paul, do not.mean that literally, good work ethic, not many kids your age show so much responsibility. It would have taken real luck to chase and see this today.

Sucks you miss out on everything :(

Sucks you miss out on everything :(

I really will beat myself up for this for a very long time. This was my chance. The pattern should remain favorable for the next few weeks at least thankfully but what the hell are the chances of something like this happening again this year.

Plus in a few weeks I start my full time summer job and there is NO way I can take a day off of work b/c I work at a camp...plus this is my chance to get my loans paid off so I can get back to school and I need to do this this summer.

C'mon Wiz...you did what you had to do. Feel positive about that. I mean, how many times do things actually pan out for SNE??? I'm taking tomorrow off to go and get some pics, video of the damage in Brimfield/Southbridge.

I really will beat myself up for this for a very long time. This was my chance. The pattern should remain favorable for the next few weeks at least thankfully but what the hell are the chances of something like this happening again this year.

Plus in a few weeks I start my full time summer job and there is NO way I can take a day off of work b/c I work at a camp...plus this is my chance to get my loans paid off so I can get back to school and I need to do this this summer.

Patterns tend to repeat.. The svr wx season is still young up there.. If we keep getting an active jet there may be something else.

You'll get your chance, like you said the pattern looks conducive for more action for at least the next 10 days. I mean its hard to top a day like today for New England, but I do expect more severe chances for your area.

This lightning had that violent flicker. I don't know how to describe it other than it had multiple flickers. Maybe it has to do with good elevated CAPE and charge separation, but that was intense. Not that lazy flicker or two you get with a normal nighttime storm. Just got power back now. I guess line was hit a couple of blocks away.

An outside comment but it seems alot of your posts today have just been really mean or negative lmao

Subforum sensitivity. I lived in SNE for a decade... I was at least partially wrong this morning with specifics..

This lightning had that violent flicker. I don't know how to describe it other than it had multiple flickers. Maybe it has to do with good elevated CAPE and charge separation, but that was intense. Not that lazy flicker or two you get with a normal nighttime storm. Just got power back now. I guess line was hit a couple of blocks away.

They struck 3 fire boxes in 3 minutes.

Forgot to mention....

Do not kill yourself Paul, do not.mean that literally, good work ethic, not many kids your age show so much responsibility. It would have taken real luck to chase and see this today.

This.

Patterns tend to repeat.. The svr wx season is still young up there.. If we keep getting an active jet there may be something else.

And this.

The pattern looks good for more NE events in the coming weeks with that huge dome of high pressure of the Plains and a scorching EML that's been prevalent since April. Shortwaves riding over and top of the ridge will pick up that EML and bring it down to the NE... I think this is as good as a pattern we've seen since 2006 (IIRC?).

C'mon Wiz...you did what you had to do. Feel positive about that. I mean, how many times do things actually pan out for SNE??? I'm taking tomorrow off to go and get some pics, video of the damage in Brimfield/Southbridge.

I know that...but weather has always been my life...since I was about 3...nearly 4 years old. I never became interested in sports until 1997. Today was something I've always dreamed about (obviously not the injuries; the destruction; or the deaths) and I just blew it off. I freaking slept 2-3 hours a night since Friday for this...looking at all the model runs, reading all the discussions. I really could just cry.

Yeah I agree...this month could be fun!

You'll get your chance, like you said the pattern looks conducive for more action for at least the next 10 days. I mean its hard to top a day like today for New England, but I do expect more severe chances for your area.

Yeah once I just blow off some steam I can think more level headed...it just sucks right now. Usually I'm good at keeping my real deep emotions in check but this is just a little too much, especially considering how much time I devote into this.

You might want to plan a vacation back home say, full moon in Sept, practically a lock EC gets a major and well.....

I'll be there more often again now.. Brother is back in CT, gf fam there etc. Going to Maine via Manchester on Friday... Always just miss the tornadoes. ;) only good hurricane remnants I've seen was there with Floyd.

Archived