joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe wx potential Wednesday

free_man

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it too soon to tell how bad it is there in Mass? I just hope and pray for you guys too since I live here in Joplin Mo. IF THERE IS ANYTHING WE CAN DO DOWN FOR YOU GUYS BESIDES THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS LETS US KNOW SEND ME AND i.m iwill get with any churches I have been working here with that have too much surplus aid .....

Ha. Skepticism probably wins most of the time but it was tough to ignore the parameters especially as the day wore on.

yeah, i suppose. i usually end up wrong when i make a stand--should learn from it. ;) still.. there's WAY more leeway here when it comes to pregame assuming the worst vs. not. im very anti hype when it comes to weather... perhaps too much sometimes.

Why do I have the feeling this is going to end up like the Joplin receipt in Indiana?

wasnt that a much greater distance? something travelinf 50 mi or so is pretty standard for a big tornado.

Is it too soon to tell how bad it is there in Mass? I just hope and pray for you guys too since I live here in Joplin Mo. IF THERE IS ANYTHING WE CAN DO DOWN FOR YOU GUYS BESIDES THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS LETS US KNOW SEND ME AND i.m iwill get with any churches I have been working here with that have too much surplus aid .....

Excuse me for jumping the gun, but it's not as bad as Joplin. First guess is probably EF1 and EF2 damage.

Wow, that is very cool of you after what you folks have been through.

Too early to tell but hopefully casualties are low and property damage low

Excuse me for jumping the gun, but it's not as bad as Joplin. First guess is probably EF1 and EF2 damage.

I dunno, there are some collapsed houses and people trapped from what I'm seeing on the news. There probably isn't as many people effected though.

Just issued a TOR warning for Tolland CTY as I get home from chasing

Looks like the state of CT lucked out and missed pretty much all the storms. Looking at the storm total precip, doesn't look like much (if at all) rain fell at all in CT except for a couple isolated tracks.

EF1-2 tornadoes aren't usually that long-tracked and have a quite-obvious debris ball for as long as this cell did...

Up here in the New England we are very experienced at guessing strength of tornados... we see a lot of them every year and so most of us should be walking experts on the matter, lol.

;)

Up here in the New England we are very experienced at guessing strength of tornados... we see a lot of them every year and so most of us should be walking experts on the matter, lol.

;)

people should probably take note that the nws doesnt issue strength warnings.. i know we live in an instantaneous society, but...

still, a valid pt you don't often get super weak tornadoes that travel great distances.

Looks like the state of CT lucked out and missed pretty much all the storms. Looking at the storm total precip, doesn't look like much (if at all) rain fell at all in CT except for a couple isolated tracks.

Was just thinking of how small a box these tornadoes have fired so far.

WBZ talking about that storm on MA/NH border having rotation.

Hopefully it's winding down. Sad in a sense, to have a tornado like we had in the canal long before I lived here that was NBD.....to have these destructive and quite probably deadly ones....not so much. Enjoy the night, hope everyone is safe and accounted for.

Go bruins.

Archived