• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Current Snow Depth

CT Rain

What do those temps have to do with this afternoon? At 1,000 feet I hope you know..you don't downslope. The valley will hit 53-56..The hills will stay in the upper 40's..who cares..it's a mild day..get outside and do something

Is that a serious question?  I'd say launch point has a lot to do with this afternoon.

That glacier may start oozing south and taking your Davis lol.

Maybe it'll deposit another boulder in Weymouth.

Drove into Greenfield--pretty dense fog throughout the 700' drop.  Was really suprised to see that.

34.0/30

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Launch points are a little overrated. CON had 19F this AM and I had 26F, but there's no way I'll max out higher than them. Big ranges for the lower els today.

I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. 

You're comment speaks to the launch point from one location to launch point to another and where they end up for highs relative to each other.  I'm not saying that.  For example, Greenfield is cooler than me on 98% of the nights by several degrees.  From a high standpoint, I typically am 5-9 degrees cooler.

What I'm saying is that on a day like this, if I have a starting temp of 30*, I have an easier shot for 50* than if I have a 20* launch.low-lying.  Of course, that's not the case in all instances (CAA resulting in a nocturnal high,e.g.).

36.6/32

I think you're misinterpreting what I'm saying. 

You're comment speaks to the launch point from one location to launch point to another and where they end up for highs relative to each other.  I'm not saying that.  For example, Greenfield is cooler than me on 98% of the nights by several degrees.  From a high standpoint, I typically am 5-9 degrees cooler.

What I'm saying is that on a day like this, if I have a starting temp of 30*, I have an easier shot for 50* than if I have a 20* launch.low-lying.  Of course, that's not the case in all instances (CAA resulting in a nocturnal high,e.g.).

36.6/32

I guess. With full sun and decent mixing I just don't think it mattered that much if you had a low of 20F or 30F. The BL is going to adiabatically warm from whatever the mixing level is anyways. MAV has 52F for CON with H85 thetas around 283K so the mixing height should be around there if MAV verifies. I think CON could've been 0F this morning and they'd still push 50F.

I guess. With full sun and decent mixing I just don't think it mattered that much if you had a low of 20F or 30F. The BL is going to adiabatically warm from whatever the mixing level is anyways. MAV has 52F for CON with H85 thetas around 283K so the mixing height should be around there if MAV verifies. I think CON could've been 0F this morning and they'd still push 50F.

Gotcha--they'd just get their a little quicker with the higher launch.  :)

36.0/31 (with a launchpoint of 27.5).

To downplay the impact of this warmth on the snow is denying the reality of physics. It's taking a beating no matter how you look at it.

45.8/24, interestingly off a high of 46.7.

I don't understand. Snow was otg at the beginning of the warmer days. It's otg now towards the end. Ground is far from visible here walking distance to the finish line of the marathon. I have a deep pack late day on a mild day and will after the cold moves back in tomorrow night.

Archived